Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030,
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett GTAX 550,
Fisher gold bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I got the opportunity of a lifetime the other day. I started talking to a guy that came into my work that lives at the old Krebs-Peterson House in Carson City this is the famous house built in 1914 that they filmed John Wayne's final film "The Shootist". The guy is new to metal detecting and invited me to go metal detect the property. I know it is promising because he is new to the hobby (only a few weeks new) and he has already found a 1904 indian cent, not worth a whole lot but still very neat! So this weekend I will be heading over there for a few hours to hit the grounds hard I cant wait. Just thought it would be a cool story to share.

Upvote 0

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
This is fascinating! I'm sure you'll enjoy the hunt. If time permits, please take a couple photos of the site for all of us to see, along with your finds! Andi

OP
OP
Carson Coin Master

Carson Coin Master

Sep 4, 2007
Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030,
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett GTAX 550,
Fisher gold bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
g-olden years said:
This is fascinating! I'm sure you'll enjoy the hunt. If time permits, please take a couple photos of the site for all of us to see, along with your finds! Andi

Will do for sure

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Keeping my fingers crossed for you, sounds like a great site. I know you must be really excited, I would be. :blob6:

renogeoff

Jan 27, 2010
Carson City NV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EuroTek Pro/Explorer II/Safari/ACE 250,Classic IDX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some good finds in Carson still. Heading there Friday myself!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread