Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tenn. Trio Hunt Today -1: Eagle Cuff Button, M & M #99 + 19 Other Bullets

It was a warm humid day in Tennessee when Josh and I arrived at the large U.S. CW Camp this morning. Dman was busy in his store and expected us to find relics FOR HIM again anyway since he's back on 'injured reserve". Our finds from the 3 hour hunt at the U.S. Camp are shown in the first pic. Josh's low point for the morning was when I called Dman and Josh grudgingly told him that he had dug the Eagle cuff button. Dman told Josh to just order him a chef salad at the restaurant when we got there and give it to anyone there since he wasn't there to eat it today-LOL. The last Trio member who digs an Eagle button has to buy lunch until another Trio member finds an Eagle. It was a solid little button with intact shank. Josh also dug the iron button in the second pic. It appears to have a star on it and is probably a post 1900 button (per Dman). I dug the fired .36 cal. revolver bullet that matches M & M #99 in the bullet book that is "unknown for revolver" and used by both sides. Happy hunting from the Trio, Quindy.

Oh Dman, you asked us to tell you what YOU found today. You recovered one dead skunk-LOL. We'll bring it to you when we go to the Army Surplus store and buy 2 surplus gas masks.

My 2011 CW Relics Dug YTD=185

Attachments

• Josh & Q at US Camp 4-8-11.jpg
    Josh & Q at US Camp 4-8-11.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 511
  • Josh\'s iron button.jpg
    Josh\'s iron button.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 476
  • M & M #99 for Revolver.jpg
    M & M #99 for Revolver.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 501
Upvote 0

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Tenn. Trio Hunt Today -1: Eagle Cuff Button, M & M #99 + 19 Other Bullets

Well done Q & J. :thumbsup:
Nice recoveries. You did better than us today. :(

"Dman told Josh to just order him a chef salad at the restaurant when we got there and give it to anyone there since he wasn't there to eat it today"

HILARIOUS!!!
Good one D. :thumbsup:

-Dug-

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE

Just make yourself a skunk skin cap out of the skunk. That way you might smell better.
Dman

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Skunk cap :laughing9: your wild frontier finds remind me of my favorite Tennesseans ...Davey Crockett & Georgie Russell ...get some coonskin hats and tear up them sites ;D Nice hunt Tenn trio :thumbsup:

Dixiedigger

Dec 2, 2009
Southern Middle TN
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Fisher f75

Looks like you and Josh had a great time. Thanks for calling me tonight. I hope Doug isn't out of action too long. It will be good to see everyone next week.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

ModernMiner said:
Well done Q & J. :thumbsup:
Nice recoveries. You did better than us today. :(

"Dman told Josh to just order him a chef salad at the restaurant when we got there and give it to anyone there since he wasn't there to eat it today"

HILARIOUS!!!
Good one D. :thumbsup:

-Dug-
The Jack Wagon hunt crew will tear it up tomorrow. Wish we were there. Good luck tomorrow. I predict a total of 40 bullets and 4 Eagle buttons. Have you wrecked that new F75 yet? HH, Q.
Dman said:
Just make yourself a skunk skin cap out of the skunk. That way you might smell better.
Dman
I can't wait until you & MM get your own comedy show so I can turn it off-LOL.
CMDiamonddawg said:
Skunk cap :laughing9: your wild frontier finds remind me of my favorite Tennesseans ...Davey Crockett & Georgie Russell ...get some coonskin hats and tear up them Smokey Mtn sites ;D Nice hunt Tenn trio :thumbsup:
Thanks Dawg. We are a long way from the Smokies but we have been lucky since Dman dug that C.S.A. buckle in October. His article on yard hunting and the hilarious aftermath of finding that buckle will be published in W & E Treasures very soon. HH, Quindy.
Dixiedigger said:
Looks like you and Josh had a great time. Thanks for calling me tonight. I hope Doug isn't out of action too long. It will be good to see everyone next week.
I think we can find a few lost bullets or buttons Andy. Josh says he will be there with bells on. Looking forward to it my friend. We'll see Doug if we have to run up to his store to do it., I'm sure you are out of wooden display boxes anyway. HH, Quindy.

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Awesome finds Quindy. You guys really inspire me to hunt. We are going to try to get out this weekend. Just now recovering from DIV.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

treasurehound said:
Awesome finds Quindy. You guys really inspire me to hunt. We are going to try to get out this weekend. Just now recovering from DIV.
Good luck Randy. I've found that taking 2 Advil tablets Before you hunt really helps as you get older. Watch out for ticks. We sprayed down with Deep Woods Off today and didn't have any. HH, Quindy.

ewcoinhunter

Mar 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-Trac and Sun-Ray Probe

Nice haul on the bullets! Congrats!

U

umrgolf

Nice finds Q :icon_thumleft: like the little unk. bullet :headbang: btw, i pmed you a couple days ago.. if it didn't show up let me know and I'll send it again

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice digs Quindy. Your going to beat your 2010 totals by June if you keep it up. :icon_thumleft:

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other

Sounds like you had a great hunt !
Congrats on the UNK Lead :thumbsup:

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

ewcoinhunter said:
Nice haul on the bullets! Congrats!
Thanks EWC. That site has more to give up. Josh discovered that he had dug his first Merrill Carbine bullet when he cleaned his bullets ytesterday. HH, Quindy.
umrgolf said:
Nice finds Q :icon_thumleft: like the little unk. bullet :headbang: btw, i pmed you a couple days ago.. if it didn't show up let me know and I'll send it again
Got it Jeff. I also looked at your newly constructed website. Well done!! Where was it when I needed it-LOL? Thanks, Q.
mainer said:
Nice digs Quindy. Your going to beat your 2010 totals by June if you keep it up. :icon_thumleft:
We have been lucky Jesse. If I beat my 2010 by June, I'll just rest the remainder of 2011-NOT-LOL. We have some other sites left over that we're saving for Fall. Thanks my friend and good fishing, Quindy.
steelheadwill said:
Sounds like you had a great hunt !
Congrats on the UNK Lead :thumbsup:
I don't recall finding another one like it Herbie. Fired bullets are a little distorted and harder to i.d. I have seen a Remington pistol recovered frtom that hill before and it's possible that it could be a Remington bullet. Thanks and HH, Q.

U

umrgolf

Sorry Q, we are here for any future moves :laughing7:

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Well heck, y'all did alright Quindy. Nice digs fellas. And those ticks are getting bad. We went to the Modern Miner hunt this weekend and had a great time. Maggie and I pitched a tent at the State park. The ticks were all over the place. We even found one on Samantha. :icon_scratch: But other than that, we had a great time with everyone. You sure missed a goodun. Next time

Hope to see y'all soon.

Mike

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow Quindy, you guys are finding a lot of good relics. Maybe I should come down and help, heck I'd even bring along a salad for Dman ;D

HH, Ringfinder ( Denny )

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

rtde3 said:
Looks like you guys had a good hunt Q!
I found an Eagle Button yesterday & Doug told me I had to buy everybody there lunch!
I offered him the day old donuts in the back of my truck! :D
We missed you guys down there.
You guys missed a ton of fun.
There's always next time! :thumbsup:
Rob, we hated to miss it. I know MM put on a good hunt. If you found the only eagle button, you should have bought lunch. However, with the appetite of that crew, I think you deserve a pass-LOL. HH, Q.
Woodland Detectors said:
Well heck, y'all did alright Quindy. Nice digs fellas. And those ticks are getting bad. We went to the Modern Miner hunt this weekend and had a great time. Maggie and I pitched a tent at the State park. The ticks were all over the place. We even found one on Samantha. :icon_scratch: But other than that, we had a great time with everyone. You sure missed a goodun. Next time

Hope to see y'all soon.

Mike
Mike, I hear that you were the "Button Baron" with the new GPX. I know you guys had a blast there and glad the girls got to go. HH, Quindy.
ringfinder said:
Wow Quindy, you guys are finding a lot of good relics. Maybe I should come down and help, heck I'd even bring along a salad for Dman ;D

HH, Ringfinder ( Denny )
Thanks Denny. We are overdue to see a rattlesnake there with the warm weather. When we do, it's over until after frost in the Fall. Thanks and HH, Quindy.

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

:thumbsup:

cornspike

Jan 23, 2008
Old West
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-70, 5in dd coil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting