NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I have decided that I live right on top of what might be the RICHEST scrap iron mine in North America. Literally the first 8 inches are almost completely rusted iron bits and nails, and broken glass. Now I know why my detector just screams in agony when I take it out to the yard :-\

I did manage to find one complete bottle though, about 4 inches tall and embossed "Mexican Mustang Liniment Lyon Mfg Co Brooklyn NY. Wish I could put up a pic of the scrap heap and the bottle, but my camera's still on the fritz.

Upvote 0

Big Ken

Mar 13, 2008
Hey Ken, if your ever interested me and another member try to make it out every so often and would love to have company. There are not many detectors we know of in the metro area. Last outing a few weeks ago landed us a silver ring and some war of 1812 relics including a 50cal musket ball.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That could be a pretty old bottle. Nice find at any rate. Does it look similar to this one?-

MexicanMustang3.jpg

OP
OP
NOLA_Ken

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggummup said:
That could be a pretty old bottle. Nice find at any rate. Does it look similar to this one?-

It's similar shape, different rim, and newer than the one in the pic I'd guess. The embossing runs sideways, if you lay it over and turn it, it has "MEXICAN" "MUSTANG" "LINIMENT" all equally spaced, then "LYON MFG CO" and "BROOKLYN NY" closer together. I'm picking up a new camera soon and I'll post some pics.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread