some recent finds from the middleburg site

mustang8780

Feb 28, 2010
Gainesville, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab GPX-4800, Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got out on a new section of the farm...looked like there was some activity in this spot on some aerials from 1950s so I figured i would give it a shot. If you have seen some of my older post about this place you know that it dates back to the 1790s so anywhere is really a gamble.

My finds were spread out...I got an old flat button and what appears to be a post 1900s two piece button that I cant ID that backmark...its posted up in the what is it forum too.

I also found an interesting little anchor...maybe from a toy?

anyway, didnt post pics of the 17 wheaties I found...couldnt believe there were that many wheats and no silver...but...I didnt hit it that hard as time was limited.

Phil

Attachments

• carroll.jpg
    carroll.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 479
  • waldron.jpg
    waldron.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 462
  • aprilrelics2.jpg
    aprilrelics2.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 488
  • aprilrelics1.jpg
    aprilrelics1.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 473
  • aprilrelics.jpg
    aprilrelics.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 469
  • carroll.jpg
    carroll.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 470
  • waldron.jpg
    waldron.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 475
Upvote 0

Chocadog

Feb 3, 2010
Roanoke, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Minelab Safari, Garrett GTI2000, Garrett250
Interesting finds, anchor looks like it might have come from an early model ship, it appears to be very well made.

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
I think member steelheadwill (Herbie) found a small anchor like that a while ago. Might be worth checking with him for any info.

OP
OP
mustang8780

mustang8780

Feb 28, 2010
Gainesville, VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the info! I saw Herbies anchor(came across it when I searched the forum and I think I remember when he first posted it) but I think his is a lot older and significant, his looks hand made and perhaps scrimshaw, mine is a cast piece...still neat to me none the less...just wonder what it may have been for...

Phil

Chris Canada

Feb 9, 2007
Niagara
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Tessoro Vaqureo, NoktaMakro Simplex+, garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That anchor is way cool.
;D

windage

Apr 3, 2011
Mason-Dixon Line
Detector(s) used
eyes, ears, wet finger in the wind and old willow sticks, when that don't work; Minelabs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
check out the Chris Craft club, seems like Chris used a small bronze anchor as a promo...have seen them on g'bay.

OP
OP
mustang8780

mustang8780

Feb 28, 2010
Gainesville, VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys for the replies. I am actually more intrigued now by the small pendant in the pics, I have been trying to clean it off and it is starting to look more and more like some sort of Roman coin charm or something. I can make out COS II on it...

There are a number of roman coins that it resembles but its smaller I think and its very corroded...I think it was a copy made into some sort of charm...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread