Todays hunt...

fwcrawford

Jan 7, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 50, Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Tesoro Vaquero, Minelab Sovereign GT
I got up with my buddy for some dirt digging today and hit a couple different sites that have given up some goodies in the past.
The first site was an old church site that has given up some silver and wheaties before so we tried it for about 3 hours,but only managed to find a 1917 wheatie and a 1916 Buffalo nickel.
After a quick snack, we tried an old house site located in a field across the road from the church for about an hour, but the grass is getting too tall to swing the coil, so we spent the rest of the afternoon at a local school that we stopped by last weekend for a couple of hours and had good clad counts so we figured we could do well there.
I found 38 quarters in about 2 1/2 hours and a Sacagawea dollar coin. Also found was the pendant which cleaned up pretty good. I'm not sure what my buddy's total was, but he was doing quite a bit of digging too and said that he was also finding lots of quarters.
I also found the two "Nintendo" tokens in the same hole and could use some help figuring out what they are used for.
I was pretty impressed with the little 6" coil and even though we were searching a large soccer field, this coil would sound off if I got anywhere near a quarter.
I usually use a 10.5" DD for these types of areas, but I don't know if I would have done much better with it over the small coil.
Thanks for looking,
Felix

Attachments

• DSCF0001.JPG
    DSCF0001.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 320
  • DSCF0002.JPG
    DSCF0002.JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 318
Upvote 0

Blind Squirrel

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, your quarter to penny ratio is outstanding!!!

RJH02

Dec 30, 2007
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Silver umax w/ 7in Deep Search Wide scan coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds Felix :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread