goldbill

May 6, 2009
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites v3 deus v4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two of us went back to the city fairgrounds that had produced some silver earlier this year. Indian Kirk immediately headed for the woods((typical). I was a little behind him and going to a different spot when I noticed what had been snow the last time we were here was rototilled land .It looked like someone started a garden but didn't plant last year. The ground was real soft and fluffy.As I am cutting across this I get a nice deep high tone. I thought probably a tomato Gismo, ;D but decided to dig . Out comes a 1828 large . Being the good partner I am I go up into the woods get the Indian and told him he should help me do this garden spot. On his first pass he gets a large!!A little later he scores his first v nickel!! The ground here is terrible I can read the liberty better that the date probably got a dose of fertilizer . thanks for looking HH Goldbill Forgot to mention the snuff tin Merry Widows............. They knew even back then!! One whole dollar too that was a lot of money....

Attachments

• DSCF0189.JPG
    DSCF0189.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 506
  • DSCF0190.JPG
    DSCF0190.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 506
  • DSCF0191.JPG
    DSCF0191.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 499
  • DSCF0192.JPG
    DSCF0192.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 500
  • DSCF0193.JPG
    DSCF0193.JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 489
  • DSCF0194.JPG
    DSCF0194.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 490
  • DSCF0198.JPG
    DSCF0198.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 475
  • DSCF0199.JPG
    DSCF0199.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 486
  • DSCF0200.JPG
    DSCF0200.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 485
  • DSCF0201.JPG
    DSCF0201.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 477
  • DSCF0202.JPG
    DSCF0202.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 486
Upvote 0

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There ya go Bill. :icon_thumright: I think the 3 merry widows tin contained condoms back in the day. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
goldbill

goldbill

May 6, 2009
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites v3 deus v4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mainer said:
There ya go Bill. :icon_thumright: I think the 3 merry widows tin contained condoms back in the day. :icon_thumright:
A whole dollar are you crazy????? YOU MUST BE YOUNGER THAN I AM

OP
OP
goldbill

goldbill

May 6, 2009
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites v3 deus v4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mainer said:
[/ quote] Holy cow you were serious I'm laughing like crazy but they did get 3 so only 33 cents each That's not so bad...

indian kirk

Oct 24, 2010
maine
Detector(s) used
whites prizm 6t
hi all ,I think the way it went was he needed the indian to help to find the other large cent ,but thats my story lol,thanks for a great day swingin(more to come) my v 1902 was my first so Im happy, cant quite date my large cent but have an n and amer on one side. love this sport Kirk

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I told ya. :laughing9: I have always wanted to dig one of those tins. You see them posted from time to time. :thumbsup:

indian kirk said:
hi all ,I think the way it went was he needed the indian to help to find the other large cent ,but thats my story lol,thanks for a great day swingin(more to come) my v 1902 was my first so Im happy, cant quite date my large cent but have an n and amer on one side. love this sport Kirk

Congrats Kirk on your first V. If you post some close ups of that largie I bet someone can narrow down a date range for you.

hunting deer

Jul 21, 2010
Indiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my first posting. I recently found the same tin and also thought it was a snuff tin. Mine was badly damaged but readable. They were also reusable. Congats on the large cent.

OP
OP
goldbill

goldbill

May 6, 2009
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites v3 deus v4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hunting deer said:
This is my first posting. I recently found the same tin and also thought it was a snuff tin. Mine was badly damaged but readable. They were also reusable. Congats on the large cent.
REUSABLE really do you mean the tins!!!!! :icon_scratch:

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coppers are not in too bad a shape Bill :thumbsup: It's always nice when they show up cause you Know you are in the right spot for old silver :thumbsup: I have dug three of the merry widows snuff :laughing7:/ condom tins all in Bangor . Yet yours is in better shape than any of the ones I have found ! Talk to you soon M.R.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread