First ring, wheaties,etc

Zeke

Oct 26, 2004
Jackson Creek,NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Went to my mother inlaws today and did a little searching. She lives in the old part of town and the house is early 1900s...typical millhouse. There is so much iron in the ground that while in all metal mode it sounds like you have a giegercounter at 3 Mile Is. I did manage to find some interesting stuff using the tone mode on my Pioneer.

My first ring.......but its a junk initialed one ::)Some Wheat cents...1920, 1941, 1942, 1944, and 1953....and an early Lincoln Mem.'59. A clad quarter and dime.....I thought the quarter was a '37 but got it home and washed off...turned out to be '87 Didnt turn up any silver.I know its got to be there since I found the Wheats...I just need to try harder or get something besides my Pioneer 101.

A tag with Remington 60 on it. Dont know if it was off of a gun or a shaver. Hammer from a cap gun. An old Taylor lock. A chunk of something I was hoping was a nugget....its heavy but I got it washed off and think it is lead.

A few items Im not sure about are the 2 bowl shaped objects in the top left of pic. 1 has a hole in it but the other is stepped/layered.? And the thing in the bottom right.....has Proctor Never Lift on it. Maybe part of a shaver too? ???

I cant wait to go back, possibly with a better detector. Its a rent house she lives in and after she moves out next year the house is going to be demolished and a parking lot put in its place.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Zeke

Zeke

Oct 26, 2004
Jackson Creek,NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Thanks Midus. The wheats are in rough shape......hardly any detail left on them. Even the '87 quarter is real tarnished and I also found a '77 penny that has corroded away in places. Has it got something to do with the red clay I pulled them out of?

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
WTG!,,, That site sure looks like it has some real potital...

P.S> I seen on another post you were asking " What was the first year for wheaties? "
Here is a site I've found that will show you when coins were minted, and also some of the key dates...
I don't think you can pay too much attention to the prices they show, but it a good site to see when certain coins were made... http://apps.heritagecoin.com/info/typevalues.php?Denom=Cent &sid=4BF56D724542B01764056F48C3D40398

Good luck! & Happ Hunting~

KevGA

Jul 12, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett ACE 250
OP
OP
Zeke

Zeke

Oct 26, 2004
Jackson Creek,NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Thanks for the info guys. I cant wait till Thurday to go back. They can have all the turkey they want.........Im gonna be diggin' ;D

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs Zeke! 8) I think you will pull some Silver. Has to be some there somewhere.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions