Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
heres a few relics from a CW site near me, its 100 degrees out there!! wow...

ALSO: Hello All, I am Inviting friends from Treasure-Net, To a Civil War encampment hunt on Saturday Oct. 14th 2006 from 9 A.M. Until 6 P.M. Only Registered T-Net members from 7-13-06 and before will be allowed to attend, this will stop rouge Relic Hunters from trying to just come.
This is for us friends at Treasure Net.
Details: There is a $25.00 sign -up fee for Detectorists non detectorists will have to pay $10.00 This is first come first served only the first 50 payed will be allowed to attend. The money will be used for refreshments, Door Prizes, and donation to the land owner. I have also added a PAY PAL donation link on the site for those who's like to pay by Pay Pal.
The land was occupied by 4,000 plus Union Civil War Soldiers during all 4 years of the War, there are original earthworks still on the property today, they were put there to guard a major railroad bridge the General thought there would be a major battle there and large earthworks were built, but the battle never happened. this spot has been metal detected before I was there last week and In 15 min. I found a $200.00 seated half dime less than 2 in. deep and found 6 dropped minnie balls... and an eagle button, there are many items still to be found.
LOCATION: The exact location will be given out to payed hunters only, you can find Motel rooms and food in Sedalia Mo. that is near the site of the hunt. Memebers so far that I believe are attending:
Gypsyheart ,
Tsgman ,
Nana40 ,
River Rat ,
bgscofield ,
Scotty,
Dig-it
&Okie

UPDATES will be posted on the Forum Hunt Webage, Please go to this website and hit the Forum Hunt 2006 link on the front page, it will bring you to the official Forum Hunt page with lots of info. thank you JD

www.greatestmetaldetectorists.com

There is now a PAY PAL donation link on the HUNT website for those who'd like to pay by PAY PAL...thanks jd

Attachments

• 000_2406a.JPG
    000_2406a.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 711
Upvote 0
OP
OP
j.d. in the usa

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah Baby Oberkill and Stoney56 are confirmed for the HUNT!!! sweet :)

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Never would have guessed those were spurs. My relic identification skills are a little green. :) Power flask is cool.

100?! I thought it was bad here at 87.

Mirage

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great digs JD!! I would be there if I where in the states! Maybe next year? ???

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just thought I'd share my experiences with hunting with JD in the past... He took me to a few spots earlier in the year and found my oldest coin while hunting with him. I got a 1730s King George II Half Penny as well as a Shield Nickel. Both of those were firsts for me at the time. I also got some cool relics like buttons, bullets, etc. from civil war and war of 1812 era sites.

I am definately in for this hunt and I'm sure it will fill up pretty quickly, so you guys better get in on it as well!

IrishCharlieM

Oct 20, 2005
Virginia Beach, VA
Man J.D. you are starting something great here......The chance to search an encampment not only legal but the organization of a fun weekend outing, food and the chance to get to know the people we converse with daily. Great idea man....I know it's done with local clubs but not to that extent. And how did you get Micky-D's to sponser....LOL.

Nice digs on the local too.

I own 40 acre's in Elko County Nevada....with a dried up riverbed on the land. Bought it from my mother in-law, And would love to build a cabin someday to host Ghost town and Gold hunting weekends.

Maybe in my retirement...lol

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Wish I could make it out there too. Would be nice to perhaps find my first relic, but what I could learn from all you experienced detectors would be the real prize.

Postalrevnant

Daniel964

Jan 25, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
I can't find where I go to sign up for the hunt. I would like to reserve a spot here so I don't miss out. I'll keep looking for the signup location.

HH
Daniel

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
i think JD is probably one of the most skilled detectorists (is that even a word??) on this site & I wish that I could make it............I think I could learn so much from JD & everybody else! It sounds like this hunt is gonna be a huge success & I wish everybody who is involved the very best of luck! ;D

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mighty AP said:
i think JD is probably one of the most skilled detectorists (is that even a word??) on this site & I wish that I could make it............I think I could learn so much from JD & everybody else! It sounds like this hunt is gonna be a huge success & I wish everybody who is involved the very best of luck! ;D

Agreed.... and I think detectorists certainly should be a word, haha ;)

ceejay64

Apr 16, 2006
New Hampshire, USA
Detector(s) used
BH Pioneer 505
Hey JD - sure wish I could attend that hunt, but it's a bit too far away for me and I'm about out of vacation time for the year...
Best of luck to all of you who can go! I'm sooooo jealous! :'(

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Nice digs, as usual J.D., WTG!!!
Although, I won't be able to make it to the hunt, I appreciate the invite. I would really love to meet all the other Tnet'ers... ( Maybe next year... )

Good luck to you, and the rest, & Happy hunting~

Daniel964

Jan 25, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
OK. I figured it out. I mailed a check to you today to reserve a spot.. Thank you for this great opportunity. I've already been talking to my wife about how I can arrange my work and school schedule as well as expenses so I can go.

HH
Daniel

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread