Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was able to get out yesterday for a few hours. Nothing too great. But did pick up a 1853 large cent, which someone has altered a little as you can see on the back. Guess they didnt have much to do. :tongue3: I dont dig a whole lot of thimbles but was able to score two for the day. And the key. What can I say? I dont know if I will ever dig a complete one or not, I have many parts and pieces but not a whole one yet. The last Item I have no idea what it is? If anyone has a guess I'm open to suggestions. Its about the size of a quarter, Im guessing maybe part of a pin. :dontknow:

Attachments

• 53.jpg
    53.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 593
  • 53 back.jpg
    53 back.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 591
  • thimbles.jpg
    thimbles.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 580
  • key.jpg
    key.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 602
  • what.jpg
    what.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 583
Upvote 0

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good score on the copper! I didn't find any skeleton keys for the longest time and then all of the sudden they just started poppin out like mad.

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A large cent is nothing to sneeze at ! Mainer ! 2 old looking thimbles ! You were in some old activity ! All you can do is put yourself in a spot that gives you chances " My best guess on the last pic is a hat pin due to the featfer motiff . M.R.

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That LC looks good when you have never dug one (like me) Jesse. Dman has hunted coins for over 35 years and dug only one. I believe I would revisit that site. HH, Quindy.

OP
OP
mainer

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone. :icon_thumright: you could be right on the whats it being part of a hat pin M.R. Thanks bud.

Quindy I didn't know you have never dug a large cent. With all the great digs you have its hard to believe. Hope you are able to get one in the near future you certainly deserve it. :thumbsup:

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
That's a good bunch of finds. Congrats on the large cent.
Dman

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds :icon_thumleft:

That largie is strange the way they altered it :icon_scratch:

Maine has some great old history :read2:

Blaze

goldbill

May 6, 2009
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites v3 deus v4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mainer said:
Was able to get out yesterday for a few hours. Nothing too great. But did pick up a 1853 large cent, which someone has altered a little as you can see on the back. Guess they didnt have much to do. :tongue3: I dont dig a whole lot of thimbles but was able to score two for the day. And the key. What can I say? I dont know if I will ever dig a complete one or not, I have many parts and pieces but not a whole one yet. The last Item I have no idea what it is? If anyone has a guess I'm open to suggestions. Its about the size of a quarter, Im guessing maybe part of a pin. :dontknow:
Hey Jesse great dig Got to love those old coppers. I scored one this evening the thinnest and ;most toasted one for me yet. hh goldbill

ahaulil

Apr 19, 2011
North Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!

Will be visiting Maine first week of May to visit home.

Will be doing a through hunt of my parent's property.
Sanborn Maps 1889 map shows the house.
If you do not use them...they are great.
Be glad to send one to you as an example...let me know.

ahaulil

Justice70

Oct 18, 2008
michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Whites Prizm iv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweeet finds. I would love to find a LC.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mainer said:
Thanks everyone. :icon_thumright: you could be right on the whats it being part of a hat pin M.R. Thanks bud.

Quindy I didn't know you have never dug a large cent. With all the great digs you have its hard to believe. Hope you are able to get one in the near future you certainly deserve it. :thumbsup:
I guess we take finding large cents for granted :icon_scratch: I never realized a lot of folks never found one :( nice hunt mainer , stop in and say :hello: CMD :icon_thumleft:

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
CMDiamonddawg said:
mainer said:

I guess we take finding large cents for granted :icon_scratch: I never realized a lot of folks never found one :( nice hunt mainer , stop in and say :hello: CMD :icon_thumleft:

Thats for sure. I live in Southeast Missouri and it might be on the news if I found one. :tongue3:

I have detected here for several years and only found a tiny handful of coins (less than 10) that were dated before 1900. You all have no idea how lucky you really are!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread