2011 season has started in Minnesota

Twin Digger

Feb 13, 2009
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Well I finally got out and did some hunting for about 3 hours. I was researching the Hasting's area and found several good sites. My first stop was to an empty lot where a 1850 home burned down last year. I called the new owner of the site and got his permission to work the land. Not bad I was getting a ton of hit's and after couple of digs I found a 1919 wheatie and a 1937 Merc. Their was a ton of junk as well but I had to find the foundation first and it took alittle longer then I thought. But I'm going back with a friend next week. Today's temps were 34 degrees and flurries... The second site was a park with an older pump house on a hill. I found alot of garbage and 2 wheaties, 1943, and 1951. No silver though. But It was good to get out.

Attachments

• 4_19_2011 hastings.jpg
    4_19_2011 hastings.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 495
  • hastings 1890 site.jpg
    hastings 1890 site.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 501
  • wall site.jpg
    wall site.jpg
    340.4 KB · Views: 394
Upvote 0

RPSwede

Apr 20, 2011
Sparks NV
Detector(s) used
MXT pro , AT pro
Hey Twin Digger, I grew up in River Falls WI. Might want to try out a small town of New Trier (sp?) right outside of Hastings MN. It has a super old church and playground there. Also try the old mill ruins down the vermillion river off the main drag near the grain silos in Hastings.
Another close spot i would check is the town of Prescott WI. ( Prescott was a forward post before Fort Snelling was built), Cherry and Gibbs ST third house on the left on gibbs use to be an artist colony in the 30's (that house was built by eliah redmen(sp) in 1856) he was a officer in the civil war and owned a few mines and lumber mills. It was a church yard before he built that house....might be some nice finds. As for River Falls, try Glen Park and walk down the path to the kinnikanik river where the dam is, there are some old brick ovens that were used to make that town.

OP
OP
Twin Digger

Twin Digger

Feb 13, 2009
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Thanks for the tips. To bad the old State Fair grounds were broken up. It's all private property now..

Keep on hunting..

Twin Diggers

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Niiiice !!! Must not be to cold up there 8)

chark21798

Dec 6, 2004
SOUTH JERSEY
Detector(s) used
explorer/ wot coil
Nice finds Thats one thing i dont miss minnesota winters. I grew up around rochester mn not to far from you. Moved out to s jersey about 8 years ago. I never thought i would ever dig coins as old as i have been. Minnesota I always said If i didnt get an indianhead penny or silver i got skunked. And here if i dont dig a 1700 george, large cent or spanish silver i got skunked. Well good luck too you. HH Mark P.s. my son said he was in a blizzard yesterday in minn. Snow U can keep it . LOL

OP
OP
Twin Digger

Twin Digger

Feb 13, 2009
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Some of my best finds have been in the early Spring. I've hunting in the snow many times. It's great here.

Thanks mark. Come back!!!! You know you want to..

Happy Hunting

Twin Digger's

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread