Enough to keep it interesting/ Nice local Steamboat button ect...

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Friday after work hunt was a fun one ! I went back to Manfred's land where I found the thrown out plow harnesses, He was glad to see me, I gave him one of the big brass hame balls I had found on his property . I told him they make good cane handles and he went and found an old cane he said he could put it on :hello2: He is a Really nice gentleman . So this is my second trip . This time focusing on detecting. There were surprisingly few signals once I got away away from the dump . . I was thinking there was an old foundation somewhere behind the rock wall . but I never found one . There was an old apple orchard though Pretty thick hunting but there is some stuff scattered throughout the orchard area . No great concentration just a random drop here and there . My oldest find is the huge colonial , coat button with the spiral wreath decoration . I found 5 big roundballs .The brass latch. A Small silver watch buckle I guess :icon_scratch: Two other random silvers a 42 merc and a 43 Canadian quarter . The necklace thingy gave me a gold scare ! But it's junk ! My favorite find of the day was the Casco Bay Steamboat CO. button .With a Waterbury button company backmark. I thought I had an eagle button in the field and I could see there was back damage So I put it away till I got home . The front of the button turned out to be in great shape . The Casco Bay Steamboat company began ferrying passengers out to the Islands in Casco Bay in 1878. They merged with another company in 1907 and changed their name . So the date of the button is narrowed down to this period . Thanks for looking !

Attachments

• IMG_1920.JPG
    IMG_1920.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 451
  • IMG_1924.JPG
    IMG_1924.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 438
  • IMG_1925.JPG
    IMG_1925.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 437
  • IMG_1922.JPG
    IMG_1922.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 442
  • IMG_1921.JPG
    IMG_1921.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 440
Upvote 0

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find, there are so many different styles and makers, we should print a book on all the buttons that come to light. I am looking for a book on British buttons, 1812-1850 so fare I have not found that book?

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great button M.R. :icon_thumright:

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
3 pieces of Silver, (Love that little buckle), Couple nice buttons.
Those would make my day! Congrats :thumbsup:
I have a piece very similar in shape and size to that jumbo button, hope I can find it again for another look :read2:

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
nice hunt! i'm lovin that silver buckle

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice buton you found there bud :icon_thumleft: :wink:

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions