First finds since starting detecting! [Swedish finds, exotic! ;)]

IndianaM

Greenie
Apr 23, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Greetings everyone! I've been following your posts a while now, lovely stuff you guys manage to find, and figured it was time to post something of my own.

My name is Tobias, age 20 and currently living in Sweden. About a year ago I bought a Minelab Explorer SE, but it is only recently I've had the opportunity to actually get out and detect. Since you need permission from the state to detect outside of private property in Sweden I have actually been out on three occasions to three different locations as of yet (one of they being in my front law...). Here i present to you my finds as of yet. Nothing fancy, I've dug A LOT of crap, but it might be interesting to see something Scandinavian?

These first two finds are from my front lawn, and they are the only two "cool" finds I've manage to find there despite out house being from 1912.

FmYLOl.jpg

My guess is that this is a gear? It's made out of copper, and has some markings running around the centre which you might be able to see in the picture.

UZp0Gl.jpg

When I first dug this one I got really excited, but soon I realized that it wasn't that old, probably from the 1990s. However, I kept it because it looks cool. ;)

t7uEwl.jpg

mE5JNl.jpg

This is a Swedish 5 öre. I guess one could equal the öre to the american cent, only that one öre was worth much less. I say was because the use of the unit öre was ended last year with the discontinuing of the "50 öre coin". 100 öre = 1 Swedish krona.

The following finds were made about a week ago when I was visiting my friend at his farmhouse. I would like to thank him for his help in digging and locating finds! (Not that we found that much...).

kHsoml.jpg

This one isn't old as all of you can see, but was my first military find (al though probably used for hunting) so I kept it.

8C4XAl.jpg

I'm guessing that this is a musket ball. I don't know if it is new or old. The land has been used since the 1600s (probably much longer than that), so it could be old. However, I've also been told by a farmer that they used to make these as late as the 1940s for hunting purposes.

v2cSjl.jpg

Cd328l.jpg

This is a Swedish 50 öre coin, and since the 50 öre coin was only discontinued in 2010 my guess is that this coin was worth quite a bit back in 1948. It appears to be made out of silver, but I am not sure.

VwdsBl.jpg

XwVxgl.jpg

AFDnfl.jpg

LhL3ol.jpg

tIBwHl.jpg

This looks like some kind of buckle to me. Its rough shape makes me hope that it might be old. Any guesses? :) It appears to be made out of bronze.

Then yesterday I was invited to another friend whom I would also like to thank for his help in both detecting and especially digging! ;) He lives on a lot of land with many old farmhouses and larger homesteads. I dare say we were a bit disappointed with the lack of nice finds and the excess of crap finds, but we had a great time anyway!

xLFkxl.jpg

OyUCrl.jpg

I dare say this was our most exciting find, which says a lot... A 10 öre coin from 1918. Don't know the material, but it is in quite bad shape. Found it next to a pond. :)

aL7tnl.jpg

wsQMCl.jpg

Also found this 5 öre coin from 1972 next to an old closed town general store.

RlUpPl.jpg

My grandpa is quite sure this is from a horse cart. I think I've seen someone else finding something similar on tnet before.

YT1pdl.jpg

UB6AGl.jpg

Not sure what this is. Any guesses? Might have been used to split wood?

xstW3l.jpg

S8NTJl.jpg

Same goes for this one, don't know what it is. It is fluted on the inside. Perhaps it's been part of a fountain?

9AoLbl.jpg

This last find got our hearts pumping. We walked quite a bit to a "spring of youth" of which my friends grandma had told us. At this small waterhole we got a great signal half way down into the water. Having dug for at least 30 minutes and cut several roots I finally managed to pull this out. We could see that it was something big before we got it out of the ground, so we were rather disappointed when or large non-ferrous signal in the waterhole turned into an iron axe. Any guesses on how old it is? I've noticed we have some axe experts here on t-net! :)

Lastly I have three pictures showing all the finds together with a coin familiar to you for relative size comparisons. ;)

9VTiel.jpg

0fwbgl.jpg

OM4jQl.jpg

Until next time, safe digging!

Upvote 0

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now you have found items that are not bad at all . You are hooked and will never be able to stop looking.
You should be able to find some very old things this summer . And I would be asking everyone I could if I could hunt there land . That will give you more places to hunt that you will not have to file to get a permit for .

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome from the UK :hello:

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
IndianaM

IndianaM

Greenie
Apr 23, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Thanks for the encouragement everyone! Much appreciated! :)

Good to be here!

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome :hello:
Congrats on your finds!
Ask all your friends and family if you can search their properties,
I'd imagine that there are some great finds in a country with long history like yours.

nuggy

Aug 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, had; Minelab Eureka, Bounty Hunter, Garrett, Fisher and Whites.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good finds and thanks for posting, hope an axe expert can tell us more about your one.
Research - local history will give you clues on directions to older sites. Aerial photos may show faint ground marks from older sites. Nuggy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread