jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Took a short weekend vacation with my wife to see my Dad, Step Mother, and Grandmother in a small town, NC. Spent all of my spare time there metal detecting with my Dad and my wife tried it out for a bit too. Mostly hunted the backyard of their home and these are the results: a decent pile of clad coins and "whatsits", 1958 Rabies Tag, tiny "Super" shell casing, "Marines" logo item, six wheat pennies, a broken arrow head?, a 1944 Mercury dime, an older unknown button, and a Sterling baby food pusher. Overall, nothing spectacular as far as finds but I spent some quality time with the family. It was the first time my Dad and I got to go metal detecting together since the mid 90s and we both had a great time!

Attachments

• IMG_2104clad.jpg
    IMG_2104clad.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 546
  • IMG_2105coins.jpg
    IMG_2105coins.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 548
Upvote 0

B|lker

Apr 3, 2006
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 And
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not bad for a NC hunt Ben. :thumbsup:

Keep those post`s coming and i`m glad for your quality family time on Easter.

B|lker in Raleigh, NC

High Plains Digger

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2008
I miss those days, too. Wait, my dad didn't detect, nor did I at that age. But when my uncle came for a visit----he found hot stuff. But in later years, my dad said that in the mid '50's my uncle would go to school fields and find $30 in change for the weekend. That was big bucks back then, and figure how many pennies it took, along with the occasional dimes and quarters. It is too bad that we didn't live in the South. He would have been a good relic hunter, and I know I would have been interested. The good news: I am the dad, and my son and I enjoy going out together, with friendly competition. These are the good days.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread