HI HO SILVER!! AWAY! MY FIRST SILVER RING! What a beauty!! Gold plated braclet!

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Hey guys. Well i went to idaho this weekend. I only got in 1 hour and a half of detecting at a local elementary school. I know i playnned on going to the ski resort and the rodeo but they were too busy with people and they would be scowling at me because i would be diggin up their grass. Well anyway! MY uncle took me down to the elementary school after lunch. My first target was a penny, and i was hunting around the bike racks. I had it on the mode where i can get all coins plus silver. I walked over a target that i thought wwas underground. I got down to dig and i saw something smushed in the grass. All shiny!! Well As you can tell i swept it over with my detector. Yup it was a strong signal! I looked at it closer and then pulled it out! IT WAS A STERLING SILVER RING! ;D ;D ;D ;DIT HAS STERLING printed in it!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D I ran back to my uncle and told him and was like were stayin here! So i hunted the playground and within the next 15 minutes I GOT A LOW TONE SIGNAL! Now i thought it was a stupid nickel or foil but i saw a chain and i pulled it out! It turned out to be a GOLD BRACLET! I think its a plated gold braclet but it may be a gold one! It said Janeth on it! Some girl probably lost it. Anyway! I pulled Over $2 from that playground in the elementary school in 1 hour and 30 minutes! new Personal record! :) On sunday i went to a couple of fields. Got 16 cents and a bullet. The high school didnt turn up as much as i thought. Maybe i was hunting in the wrong place! BUT IDAHO TRIP TOTALLY WORTH IT GOT A SIVLER RING WITH A BLACK JEM! Going to get it appraised this week and see how much its worth! I AM NOT SELLING IT! I hope everyone got out! I loved this weekend!

Here are the pics!

Front with black jem!
Frontviewofringwithblackgem.jpg

Side with arrows!
SidepicofSterlingring.jpg

Gold plated braclet!
GoldBraclet.jpg

Over two dollars in change!
overtwodollarsinchanceplusotheritem.jpg

Sundays finds at idaho!
Sundaysfindsinidaho.jpg

I hope everyone hunted this weekend!

Upvote 0

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats.....thats a very nice ring

HH
-GC

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice black onyx set in sterling ring there Monty! That was a great find! I'd look for a karat marking on the bracelet, could be gold. This is indeed a fun hobby!

Thanks for sharing,
Ramapirate

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Re: HI HO SILVER!! AWAY! MY FIRST SILVER RING! What a beauty!! Gold plated bracl

You scored big! ;D ;D Nice Jewelry. Bet your sister will be eyeing that braclet. I personally like finding the old coins but the jewelry is where the $$$$ is at. Plus gets the ladies attention. ;)

Mirage

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: HI HO SILVER!! AWAY! MY FIRST SILVER RING! What a beauty!! Gold plated bracl

Congratulations on the silver ring!!

HH
Chris

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o Silver AND Gold!!!! All in the same day! :o Way to go DF! :o

Love the story! ;)

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice job bud! Sounds like you need to move to Idaho ;)

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats on the gold and silver! Did you find a stamp on the bracelet? Could be a very small stamp on the connector piece. Nice finds and HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread