Went to the beach..... (+ my secret spot at Virginia beach)

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everybody, I got up at about 6 to MD the beach across from the hotel. I did a grid and got 1.02 in change, however, it was dirty, so it hasn't been MD'ed in a while. But then my batteries died and i had to leave. Maybe i will have time later today to go to a more active beach.

As you may know, i went to Virginia beach for a few days and did some MD'ing. I have also found the most productive part of the beach and I'm willing to tell you all where it is. I got up early for several days and did grids on the beach. I found that the frontmost part is uauslly hunted to much to produce anything, the middle part doesn't have enough activity to produce a good amout of change, and finally, the last few yards before the breezway is the best. I have found coins that were obviously buried for more than a year and lots of spills and even a cheap earring. these are easy to do and a full of change and maybe a ring or two.

HH
-GC

Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to hear GC! Can you detect the water line? Is the tide out? HH and good luck, Mike

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A good rule of thumb for finding newer finds at beaches is follow the crowds. The more people in an area the better. Just see where they go and follow later. Usually this is from near the high tide mark into the water, so it is best to go at low tide.

Ed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread