Colonial Inn - Musket Balls, Colonial Button, Oldest Wheat Cent, & GOLD RING!!!

Recovering Relics

Jan 12, 2010
New England
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Garret Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colonial Inn - Musket Balls, Colonial Button, Oldest Wheat Cent, & GOLD RING!!!

Hey everybody. I hope you all had a great Easter! I went metal detecting at a colonial inn on April 20, and I dug 8 musket balls. I also dug up a mystery bullet, and some shot gun shells. I went away to Vermont for a few days and when I got back home, there was a big pile of dirt taken from the front of the inn, in the back of the inn. I got permission to hunt the dirt pile, but I only had 5 minutes to hunt it. I can't believe what I found in 5 minutes!!! First, I found a possible colonial button. If anyone can tell me what this button is or how old it is I would appreciate it! It says Double Gilt on the back and there is also an eagle on the back. The second find was my oldest wheat penny, a 1927! I was very surprised with what I found next! I found a 10K Gold class ring!!! It is from Hudson Catholic High School, class of 1964. I looked everyone for stuff online about this ring, but couldn't find anything. I will continue to search for it's owner. It's a beautiful ring and I wouldn't mind if I never found the owner :wink: Just kidding but it really is a great looking ring! I will be going back to this site soon so stay tuned. HH everyone!

Attachments

• M1150001.JPG
    M1150001.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 757
  • M1150002.JPG
    M1150002.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 724
  • M1150004.JPG
    M1150004.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 688
  • M1150006.JPG
    M1150006.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 707
  • M1150015.JPG
    M1150015.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 685
  • M1150013.JPG
    M1150013.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 761
Upvote 0

vanoldschool

Dec 1, 2005
Port Orchard, Wa
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Whites DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Colonial Inn - Musket Balls, Colonial Button, Oldest Wheat Cent, & GOLD RING!!!

sweet ring!! Ive never got a class ring yet but hopefully this year, as far as musketballs, I dont think they would be in Washington state. Have you tried to contact the ring manufactuere and see if they have records from 1964 and the school??

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Colonial Inn - Musket Balls, Colonial Button, Oldest Wheat Cent, & GOLD RING!!!

:thumbsup:

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other

Super finds!
looks like a basketweave 'Dandy' Button.
never saw one with a backmark :icon_scratch:
and that eagle is a beauty, late 1700s is my guess :hello:

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Actually, if my memory of history is right, there were trader "outposts" set up by the French and English long before the "Western Expansion". The outposts were there for the purpose of collecting beaver and otter plews that the trappers brought in and exchanged for supplies.

There were skirmishes fought over trapping rights. And even fights with the tribes that resisted the influx of trappers and outposts into their ancestral lands.

Plus, during the gold rush days, quite a number of miners were equipped with the family firearm that had been handed down over the years.

So, I wouldn't be a bit surprised to find musket balls in the state of Washington.

Eagle

Hasse

Apr 27, 2010
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500 com treasure Hound eagle eye / Ace 250 / Magnet Cobra Beach

Beautiful ring!
Always good gold!
Much luck to you!
Congratulations! :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread