Aug 25, 2004
Northern Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
**Confederate Flat Button**TREBLE GILT STAND d"

My digging buddies & I returned back to the site Saturday where I dug the Yankee Belt plate two weeks. No additional plates this time were found, but I did dig two fired enfiled bullets, and my first flat button from the site, which may be Confederate, based upon the writing on the back which states; " TREBLE GILT STAND d". According to www.relicman.com, the majoirty of buttons, with back marks, TREBLE GILT, RICH GILT, etc, were of English manufacturer origin for the Southern troops. And since the site we've been detecting was a known battlefiled, one can only deduce that this button more than likley belonged to a Southern trooper.

Unfortuntley the face of the button has no discernable markings, but the back mark is clearly discernable with gilt still entact. H.H...

Best-

Wayne

www.personal-goal-setting.com/relic-hunter.html

Attachments

• confederateflatbutton2011.jpg
    confederateflatbutton2011.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 2,708
Upvote 0

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: **Confederate Flat Button**TREBLE GILT STAND d"

While it is a nice flat button and a rebel troop may have worn it there is no way of discerning that button as a confederate button. I dig about 500 flat buttons for every 1 sure confederate button. Some of which are domestic some of which are european. Keep looking you will find it yet :icon_thumleft:

Confederate buttons:

Attachments

• P1060683.jpg
    P1060683.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 867
  • P1060683.jpg
    P1060683.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 565

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: **Confederate Flat Button**TREBLE GILT STAND d"

jamesbibb said:
While it is a nice flat button and a rebel troop may have worn it there is no way of discerning that button as a confederate button. I dig about 500 flat buttons for every 1 sure confederate button. Some of which are domestic some of which are european. Keep looking you will find it yet :icon_thumleft:

Confederate buttons:

I agree, a massive leap of faith.

But where there is flat buttons there are other goodies :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread