Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro...I am a wealth of mostly trivial information.....

Jan 2011
    Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
    Garrett Ace 350 and Propointer
    3184 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Old? pocket watch case Updated!

Got out for a bit to a site where an old church building is being torn down. Didn't really find much at first but newer coins, but as I was about to leave, I decided to hit a spot under a bush, and got a nice signal. Dug this little beauty at about 6 inches. First one I've ever dug so I'm happy with it. I soaked it in peroxide for a while, but there's no marks on it anywhere. The disk next to it is the inside of the back with 2 winding holes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 001.jpg 
Views:	560 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	523673  
    "That's me, on the beach side combing the sand, metal meter in my hand, sporting a pocket full of change"...... NOFX

I collect military relics, mainly German and American, but interested in others as well, pre 1945 .. Always interested in adding to my collection

some of my antique photo collection : http://forgottonimages.tumblr.com/

us
    When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro...I am a wealth of mostly trivial information.....

Jan 2011
    3184 times

Re: OLD pocket watch case

Sorry about the huge pic.....tried to resize it, but I'm still learning this new editing program (fixed)
    "That's me, on the beach side combing the sand, metal meter in my hand, sporting a pocket full of change"...... NOFX

I collect military relics, mainly German and American, but interested in others as well, pre 1945 .. Always interested in adding to my collection

us
    Apr 2011
    Davenport, ia
    Tesoro silver umax

Re: OLD pocket watch case

Nice find_bet that was fun t pull out of the ground. Thought I had one the other day, but was an old make-up case

us
    Aug 2008
    Wisconsin

Re: Old? pocket watch case

Pocket watches and pocket watch pieces are allways fun to find. That and keys.

us

Jan 2011
    3184 times

Re: Old? pocket watch case updated....

Got bored tonight so I cleaned the case some more. Found a really nice spiral engraving on the back cover.....

us

Jan 2011
    3184 times

Re: Old? pocket watch case Updated!

I found all the engraving on the inner case tonight. It reads "Patent Lever" "Montandon" "Locle" Used to be a really nice watch.

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links