2011 First Gold,14k,42 Diamonds,5 carats

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paranoia swept over me,I felt the sweat gather on my face, my heart was pounding,why wasnt my pacemaker working ?????? I dropped my pinpointer and probe as realization sank in as to what was in my hand. I got this overwhelming feeling that someone was watching me, a slow breath,I turned to look behind me , no one ,just some birds a squirrel,and the :icon_sunny: . FLASH BACK AN HOUR & A HALF : Went to my Cardiologist appt this morning,on the way home decided on the spur of the moment to stop and run the machine for a little bit. Glad I did ;D 3 1/2 to 4 inches deep, 7" of 14k gold,42 diamonds,5 carats,appraised today at over $2000. ,,,,,,, still in SHOCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o I didnt reach for my nitro,but I felt my Pacemaker slowing my heart down !! Thought the defibulator was going to hit me for a second :wink:. Think I'll take my Honey to dinner tonight,see how it looks on her 8)

Attachments

• 100_2137.JPG
    100_2137.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 7,613
  • 100_2138.JPG
    100_2138.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 7,559
  • 100_2140.JPG
    100_2140.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 7,534
  • 100_2144.JPG
    100_2144.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 7,546
Upvote 2
B

Bev

I'd like to know what it rang up as too and where- You dont have to divulge the exact location but park? Beach? Hmm?

OP
OP
PikesPeakCharlie

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dla777 said:
That's a great find.....What kind of area was it?
It was found on a narrow strip of grass about 7' wide along a creek at a small picnic ground,that is used heavily by tourist traffic.

OP
OP
PikesPeakCharlie

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
PikesPeakCharlie

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bev said:
I'd like to know what it rang up as too and where- You dont have to divulge the exact location but park? Beach? Hmm?
It was found with a Garrett GTI 2500 ,it hit one notch below foil on the meter, very iffy & broken signal,very iffy ,almost didnt dig it,,,,,,,, but I did :laughing9: I have to admitt,,, I really do have a bad heart,a pacemaker & defibulator,and pills that cancell out my adrenalin rush's,,,, they didnt work to well yesterday :laughing7:,I burned up so much energy on the excitment in finding this,I came home & took a 3 1/2 hr nap

OP
OP
PikesPeakCharlie

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bev said:
That's is crazy! I am so happy for you! Hope you're going to keep it! It's awesome!
Keep it ???? my Honey came home from work,put it on,I took her to Dinner,and have not seen it since :icon_pirat:

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Golly Durn, PikesPeakCharlie, fer sure thar's still gold in them thar hills of Colorado, but mighty nice that some turister done refined it for ya and tossed in them sparklers! Wow, what a find! BANNER! Andi

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Very nice find, years ago I found one that looked just about like yours. At the time I was selling cars & got a call from a lady that had been in for a test drive, she asked if I could look in the car for the one she lost, I checked the car out and found nothing. On the way back into the dealership I saw a glitter on the ground next to a truck tire, there it was all most got run over but was returned in great shape.

mr_larry

Jun 22, 2010
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is an amazing bracelet! Congratulations on big gold and all of those diamonds!!!

AZWIP

Greenie
Jan 25, 2010
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Fishers: F2, F70, F19 Tesoros: Mojave, Vaquero, B2 uMax, Cortes, Silver, Compadre, Conquistador uMax, Golden uMax
Wow!!!!!!!!! I found a third of a beautiful tennis bracelet a few weeks back and know how excited I was... but the whole thing!!!!! And look at the size of those rocks!!!!!!! Nice! Nice and real nice!!!!!!

Congrats!!!!!

MICHIGANJAY

Dec 28, 2006
MI
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT, Equinox, Excal. 10, Ultra 1000
Primary Interest:
Other
Charlie-Great Find. Im glad (and shocked) that the region has given-up such goodies! Wow! All I can say is wow! I also saw some of the nice tokens you posted too. Wow! Keep up the good work! MJ

Banner!!!

gallienus267

Jul 18, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Cobra Beach Magnet Fisher 1270
Found one myself a couple of years ago under a swing set. gave the wood chips a kick thinking I only had a pull tab or other junk. 10K with 70 5 point full cut diamonds. I was on cloud nine forever. (still am). Love the still in the ground pics. Great find

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread