• 6410crev.JPG
    6410crev.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 787
Upvote 0

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
Re: In today's change

Nothing says $2.50 like a silver dime! (OK, +/- $2.50 :laughing7:)

jrc79inNC

Sep 26, 2010
Bayern, Deutschland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have found the occasional silver in change a couple of times, it has been a while though. Congrats :headbang:

High Plains Digger

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2008

My wife found a quarter a year ago or so. I haven't found anything but a silver nickel in 15 years. I watched a guy buying a whopper with silver change. The cashier yoinked them so fast.....I asked him to sell me some--more whoppers than if not....but the guy was kinda crazy. Said he would rather spend 16 silver quarters for a whopper than get 4 bucks for 4 of them (silver was cheaper 3 years ago. Go figure. You are hot today!

OP
OP
Tuberale

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro

High Plains Digger said:
My wife found a quarter a year ago or so. I haven't found anything but a silver nickel in 15 years. I watched a guy buying a whopper with silver change. The cashier yoinked them so fast.....I asked him to sell me some--more whoppers than if not....but the guy was kinda crazy. Said he would rather spend 16 silver quarters for a whopper than get 4 bucks for 4 of them (silver was cheaper 3 years ago. Go figure. You are hot today!
Guy sounds like he was desperate to get them back in circulation. Hope one wasn't a stolen '32D!

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other

Nice piece of change!
watch for Canada Centennial Dimes, they have a mackeral on them.
I've gotten 2 in the last year !

Theakiki

Dec 28, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX550
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Aint that a great feeling?

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

Dunkin Donuts seems to be the spot for silver change. It seems as the demographic gets lower, the chances for silver get higher. The DD in bad neighborhoods produce a much higher amount of silver coins than the high income areas!

About 6 months ago I was in a convenience store in West Philadelphia and a dude came in looking to buy some Blunts with a handful of Walkers. I jumped right on it and gave him face value for them.

OP
OP
Tuberale

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro

Neil in West Jersey said:
Dunkin Donuts seems to be the spot for silver change. It seems as the demographic gets lower, the chances for silver get higher. The DD in bad neighborhoods produce a much higher amount of silver coins than the high income areas!

About 6 months ago I was in a convenience store in West Philadelphia and a dude came in looking to buy some Blunts with a handful of Walkers. I jumped right on it and gave him face value for them.
You were too kind, Neil. <mumble, mumble> Just out of curiosity, how many Walkers did you buy from him? (I almost don't want to know the answer for this!)

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Tuberale said:
Neil in West Jersey said:

You were too kind, Neil. <mumble, mumble> Just out of curiosity, how many Walkers did you buy from him? (I almost don't want to know the answer for this!)

Better yet, how many blunts did you end up with? :tongue3:

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions