Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SO all day today I couldn't stop thinking about the cellar hole I found the shoe buckle and draped bust yesterday.....SO today, I bee lined straight to it after work. There was a slight drizzle which was comforting considering how warm it was today. Immediately I was attacked by the "FLIEBALLS!" (the little gnats that want to live in your eye sockets) I decided to focus very carefully on the cellar hole banks and go ULTRA slow and just "wiggle" the coil. This has technique has netted several buttons in concentrated iron. So I found 3 buttons doing this and decided to move to the opposite bank....and BLAM solid Copper signal at 0-2 inches....Immediately I wrote it off as Large Deep iron....I kicked the leaves away checked the spot...nothin... ??? So I checked the leaves that I had just kicked away and BLAM there it was again SCREAMIN...I pinpointed and this is what I found...a 1788 Mailed Bust CT just laying on the surface...I was stunned. I went back to the spot I kicked away and the copper was just layin on rocks for oh so many years.....Thanks for lookin! Does anybody have any idea of the design on the gilted 2 piece button? It has a Hendrick & CO Waterbury backmark.

Attachments

• IMG_6155.jpg
    IMG_6155.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 775
  • IMG_6156.jpg
    IMG_6156.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 764
  • IMG_6157.jpg
    IMG_6157.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 774
Upvote 0

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UH.....WHOA! SSSSWWWWEEEEEEET! :o That is a BEAUTY!!!!!!!!!!! :notworthy: After looking at varieties.....I think it's a Miller 2-D. Common. It looks like this one by the position of the date.......But that thing has some awesome detail. Try to clean it up a bit Sniffy. Peroxide.

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice coin...congrats ! :thumbsup:
H

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Sniff, your on fire buddy. :thumbsup:
Great finds :thumbsup:
HB

JW15

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705 w/DD coil Backup- 505,305.
Awesome Copper!!! :headbang: :hello2:

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one great looking state copper Sniffy ! I knew i was going to like the posts from your new site :icon_sunny: Have fun out there :thumbsup: MaineRelic

Bubba65

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Congrats Sniffy that is one fine looking Ct Copper. Thar is also one sweet spot you have there, good luck with the future hunts there.

Bubba65

teleman 2525

Bronze Member
May 9, 2010
newport vermont
Detector(s) used
whites xlt minelab explorer se pro
very nice find like your idea of the wiggle on the hole edges hard spot to hunt usualy lots of iron on the cellar holee edge,s very tough spots for me i,ll try your trick

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful coin. I doubt I will ever find something like that down here but, I won't stop looking. As for the button I think the name is Kendrick. This is from a reference I have:
" Kendrick & Co., Waterbury, CT. Button makers c. 1830s. Probably the same firm as Ives, Kendrick & Co. composed of Green Kendrick & Ambrose Ives."

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
Unbelievable!!!!! Nice recovery. I hope to find one as nice some day. :hello2:

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a great copper. Amazing how many beautiful coppers are coming up early this year. :thumbsup:

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Great State Copper !
I often do the wiggle when I'm trying to locate a small target
signal in my dug pile, previously I had thought that the targets 'dissappeared' or were halos. it works really well on small targets. congrats !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread