Good day at the lake, 3 gold rings and a gold bracelet

bdavis7640

Apr 10, 2011
Southeast Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265, Fisher 1270
Got invited to go to a beach my son found this morning, started out looking in the shallow water, wasn't finding anything but pulltabs. Decided to move about halfway up and that's when it started. Found a couple coins then the 10kt ring with the red stones, not 15 minutes later found the 14k white gold band. My son said if I find another ring he was going to through me in the lake. Hunted for a couple more hours finding modern coins and fishing weights. Got to the point I wasn't finding much and went back to where we started the morning, found 3 or 4 more coins then got a strange signal, there it was ring #3. Anyway that was a good day, didn't get thrown in and found 3 gold rings.
Later today I went to the beach just down from the house on my side of the lake and found the 14k bracelet.
If you think you need one of the fancy new detectors to find gold you don't, I found all of this with a 25 year old Fisher 1265. just spend enough time to get to know what your machine is telling you, and never forget when in doubt dig it up.

Attachments

• finds3 001.JPG
    finds3 001.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 632
  • finds3 002.JPG
    finds3 002.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 647
  • finds3 003.JPG
    finds3 003.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 631
Upvote 0

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to treasure Net, Love this part Chug

Quote " If you think you need one of the fancy new detectors to find gold you don't, I found all of this with a 25 year old Fisher 1265. just spend enough time to get to know what your machine is telling you, and never forget when in doubt dig it up."

As they say Priceless!!!! Chug

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread