First pocket spill! 7 wheaties! and a weird ugly statue

squirrelcop

Greenie
May 3, 2008
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5 & Whites bulls eye 2
So, My wife and I have been renting a farmhouse that was built around the turn of the century. Ive pulled a bunch of modern coins, 6 wheaties and a badly corroded buffalo nickle. Ive had a dry spell where I couldnt seem to find a thing, then yesterday I found 5 wheaties along our walk. I hit the yard again this evening after work. Its been raining all week, and tonight is no different. I found a weird old statue of a family of owls that says: "Bridgport Ct. De Oxidized M. Co." I was headed in because it started raining a bit. I got a signal, and at first, thought it was yet another false beep from my cheapo Pioneer 202. I dug and pulled out 7 wheaties and what I thought was a nickel! ;D ;D Once cleaned, it is completely pitted in the center and appears completely smooth. Maybe a token of some type? I was so excited when I kept pulling out coins! Im still after a mercury dime, indian penny etc, but...rain or shine, I'll be at it tomorrow... ;D

I havent been this excited since I was a little kid on Christmas!

IMG_0532.JPG
IMG_0534.JPG

Upvote 0

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very interesting finds there squirrelcop! Love the look of those owls! :D
Found some information on the Deoxidized Metal Co. and a bill of sale for you. :icon_thumright:

The Encyclopedia of Founding and Dictionary of Foundry Terms
Used in the by Simpson Bolland (1894) "Deoxidized Bronze.
The claims made by the Deoxidized Metal Company Bridgeport, Conn.,
for their special manufacture of bronze."

Dave

Attachments

• Bill of Sale.jpg
    Bill of Sale.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 289

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread