3 largies and spanish silver in one hole

etracjoe

Greenie
Nov 19, 2009
My buddy Everett brought me to a foundation last year back in the woods and I found my first LC there a 1848 next to the well. At the time I was still using coins mode and the pro coil. He at that time already made about 5 trips to this site with another buddy of his and they both found a total of about 20 coins altogether and a whole slew of other colonial and 19th century artifacts. He thought the place was cleaned out. We went back one more time last year only to find nothing else. We kept saying this year that we have to go back sporting our 12x15 coils and now I'm running in TTF. My buddy uses a sovereign. Well we finally went out for a 2 hour hunt last nite and boy am I glad we did!! In the area that I found my first large cent I personally pounded very well with the pro coil in coins mode and came up with no more targets. This time was different. I had a 12-44-12-45 signal in the first half hour that showed very deep on the meter. I dig down about 10 inches and pull out a largie. I rescan the hole with the big coil and get yet another reading and at this time I wish I had a video camera to record what I found. I did not want to use my shovel so the rest of the digging was all done by hand. Boy what a sloppy mess that was for I am pretty much standing in a swamp and when you dig 3 inches down the hole fills in with water. At least the soil was soft but my arms were covered in muck half way up my forearms. I motioned to Everett to come over to witness this. I pulled out another large cent!!Rescanned the hole to have yet another large cent!! OK now I thought I was done when I get another signal in the hole and by this time we are both standing there already in disbelief. I remember the saying BarryNY says about big copper means small silver after I dug the next target. Last coin out of the hole is a 1784 Spanish 1/2 reale I thought they were going to have to carry me away like this
Now I'm psyched about finding more. Next target is a gold colored item that came in at 12-29 bout 4 inches deep. I believe it is plated and pretty sure part of a buckle?? Next target is again a 12-29 so I figure another piece of this gold thing but about 50 feet away. Nope another copper coin but have no clue what it is and still not sure why the 12-29 signal. Unfortunately Everett never pulled up anything last nite other than some scrap copper pieces and some shell brass. I love my Etrac!!

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 467
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 465
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 461
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 464
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 458
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    219.3 KB · Views: 466
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 453
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 468
Upvote 0
U

umrgolf

great coins.. tell ya what, had you found that buckle whole it would have been incredible.. just the piece you did find is amazing itself

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is "TTF" mode you were running in with the Etrac and big coil?

OP
OP
E

etracjoe

Greenie
Nov 19, 2009
TTF stands for two tone ferrous and it is when you set the detector to run with 2 tones and ferrous audio. You will then open up your screen so you are running no or next to no discrimination. Works like a charm in iron infested sites. The Etrac is a powerful tool!! I usually black out the bottom right corner where your square nails will fall. This gives you the opportunity to hear all the iron and aything good POPS out. Good luck and HH Etrac Joe

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Spanish silver Joe :icon_thumleft: you hit a good spot hit it again hard I remember Barry NY saying that :laughing7: Good hunt :thumbsup: Jim

JW15

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705 w/DD coil Backup- 505,305.
Awesome spill man!!! :headbang:

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Tearing it up Tnet Newbie Style,
Great bunch of finds right there.
HB

OP
OP
E

etracjoe

Greenie
Nov 19, 2009
Thanks guys for the replies.....yeah the coin to the left is a 1808, I believe the coin to the far right is a 1796. Not sure the one in the middle. Now I need to find me a 8 reale :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread