Sons second time out and he scores big!!!!!

bennyg23

Greenie
Jan 6, 2011
North Eastern Arizona
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 70, Fisher F5
O.k so it's been forever since I've posted. I have been hunting every chance I get and using the f5 I bought a few months ago and really like it. The Lobo ST has been sitting idle while I was getting the feel of the f5. I had mentioned to my 14 year old son that I would really like a hunting partner and offered him the use of the Lobo. He jumped at the chance and we have gone out 5 or 6 times since. I find it amazing the gifts that this hobby keeps giving to me, a few years ago I lost my younger brother to addiction and sunk into a deep depression. I rarely wanted to do anything besides sleep and drown my sorrows with "strong drink." Detecting has been able to help and fill this void in my life. I absolutely love it! And the fact that my son is able enjoy it with me is even better. In fact all 5 of my children as well as my wife enjoy it. This is the ring that he found on our second time out together. It's 14k white gold with a 1/5 carat diamond from zales, boy was he excited.

Attachments

• ring new.jpg
    ring new.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 1,435
Upvote 0

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes the greatest finds aren't made of metal. Or even glass or stone for that matter :thumbsup: Rather, the best finds are the ones which are not seen but felt. The joy and pleasure of spending quality time with your family. The laughs and camaraderie of hanging with your hunting buddies. The friendly competition, the good natured ribbing, the sharing of stories & tips, the thrill of finding a nice keeper, etc. This is what this hobby is REALLY about at the end of the day.

Big congrats to your boy :hello2: And big congrats to you for dealing with your problems head-on and moving forward :icon_salut:

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking piece of gold.

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell your son to keep them coming,Good job :icon_thumleft: & you stay strong !!!

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations to your son. Great find. Also great to have your son out making memories with you. I can't wait for my son to be old enough to go out with dad...

When one of you is "called up" the other will have wonderful memories to think about to help them through.
A wonderful memory I have of my dad is he and I finding my aunt's class ring which she lost in 1956. We found it in 1989 with an old beep-dig Bounty Hunter... My dad laughed at our good fortune, and my aunt cried... Both are gone now, but the memory is a clear as if it was yesterday.
(That was my start for detecting...)

What's the plan for the ring? I think he's well on his way to getting his own detector if that's something he wants...

Happy Hunting and get out and make more memories...

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Lobo is a classic :headbang:

MKnTenn

Jul 30, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice! love your avitar, makes me laugh every time I see it.

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet find ! :icon_thumright:

Born Free

Oct 27, 2007
Davenport, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Metal detecting has been a life saver for others on this forum, as well. The physical exertion is a great aphrodesiac to deal with a great loss like that of your brother. So glad it helps you, and finding cool stuff is the bomb! Doesn't get much better than a gold ring with a diamond.

Born Free

Troyounce

Nov 18, 2003
Clyde,Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
GP3000
TESORO LOBO
GARRETT GTI 2500 + Eagle eye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like sweet redemption, what a treasure!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread