Old Boyscout camp gives up Big Silver !!!

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The past year the Old Boyscout camp has given up a bunch of nice finds including many silver coins and scout related items. So yesterday my daughter Leah and I went out detecting for an hour or two near the place were we have been finding plenty of goodies. First we started along the creek with not much luck and then made our way close to the ridge area where we may have some luck.. after a few minutes I found a nickel 1939 ...not bad then a few more items . Leah was with out a shovel so you know how that goes ...."Dad I think I got something" So over I went to check it out and dig the hole ,nothing but junk...So as we have discussed in the past I showed her how to discriminate when you think you have a good hit....With her Tesoro set between foil and Nickel ,i suggested when you have a good hit turn the discrimination all the way up and if you still have a nice hit , call me over and will see what you have! So about 15 yards away I here a shout ,"I have a good hit" so I made my way over again and dug down about 5 inches , as Leah checked the hole we both seen and heard that the sound was coming from the clump of dirt and when she broke it in half.....out popped a half. Ben Franklin to our surprise and she was all excited , 1953 and in very nice condition.
Now with some excitement and finding silver once again (not me) this was her first Half Dollar so it made for a nice outing and as we headed back to our campsite , I 'm hearing " Dad what did you find" lolol . Boy they learn quick...haaa.... Well after my Wheat penny and nickel we all know who had the better day!!!!

The Seeker

Attachments

• P5230008 Medium Web view.jpg
    P5230008 Medium Web view.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 951
  • P5240004 Medium Web view.jpg
    P5240004 Medium Web view.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 943
  • P5240002 Medium Web view.jpg
    P5240002 Medium Web view.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 940
  • P5230009 Medium Web view.jpg
    P5230009 Medium Web view.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 940
Upvote 0
OP
OP
The Seeker

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well after going back to the Scoutcamp this weekend , we found more coins and plenty of Silver coins but no half dollars ...so it may be a while before another one is found ! Thanks for the kind words everyone....and as Leah puts it! Mabe this is the last one in the camp.........lolol ya never know!

Seeker

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread