New site - Many targets

rjs123

Dec 14, 2009
Richmond VA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Deep Tech Vista Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a new site today and for once I found a place that hasnt been hammered by someone else. Had to walk through chest high grass to get to it but once I got to the woods it wasnt too bad. The ticks are really bad here right now but half a bottle of Deet 100 seemed to keep them away. LOTS of iron here and it covers a fairly large area. I dug and hauled away a bunch.The G2 sounds like a machine gun in places. Im hoping when I return more good stuff will start to come out. Im pretty sure the site dates from the late 1700s to about 1910. Not much left but quite a few large piles of rocks. No coins yet and only 3 buttons. Here are a few pics.

IMG_5294.jpg

Could only read 2 of these headstones. One says died 1829 the other died 1839. Can not read the older stones at all.

large_coat_button.jpg

Large coat button

buttons.jpg

kite.jpg

brick.jpg

stuff.jpg

chimney.jpg

souvener.jpg

silverplate.jpg

Upvote 0

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This site has great potential! Good luck on clearing it out! dig everything that hits close at all :headbang:

OP
OP
rjs123

rjs123

Dec 14, 2009
Richmond VA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Deep Tech Vista Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys! I'm hoping for some goodies here. Ive literally barely scratched the surface :) Its a large site and does have potential.

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That spot is going to produce some goodies RJS. The pewter button that you pictured above was made well within the 1700s. The iron is a terrific sign as well. There was alot of activity there obviously and will be watching tentatively to see what else you pull up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread