Close ---but no cigar---

bdavis7640

Apr 10, 2011
Southeast Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265, Fisher 1270
Went out this morning early hoping to hunt at the lake before the wind picked up. Found a beach I haden't been to yet, just a lot of tabs and a few modern coins. Wind was getting bad by then, so I went to the swimming area that has a wind break, it sets down lower than the parking area so it is good if the wind is out of the south. After the hard rain we had last week and some dirt work by the park department, the runoff water had cut a wash almost 4 foot deep through the sand. I started hitting nickels, found 3 or 4, then got a odd signal. It didn't sound like anything but it was so close to he other coins I dug it anyway. After turning up the clay I saw a ring with a nice big stone on top. I thought I had found a diamond solitaire, after getting it home and checking it under 30 power microscope it was glass. Can't complain about it, it is gold. just not what I thought it was . Close but no cigar.

Attachments

• finds4 001.JPG
    finds4 001.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 349
Upvote 0
OP
OP
bdavis7640

bdavis7640

Apr 10, 2011
Southeast Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265, Fisher 1270
testing123 said:
that's a nice ring! even though it's not a diamond, it's still gold... any idea of age?

Not sure, but the style makes me guess it from fifties or before. having a glass stone instead of a CZ also makes me think its older

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread