ipsilateral

Jan 5, 2005
MoCo
Detector(s) used
Fisher
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Happy Mother's Day!

My mother has told the story of losing her grandfather's engagement ring in the bushes outside the house for years. More than once I have brought the metal detector down to look for it only to be stymied by handfuls of nails..

Since I was coming down for mother's day, she asked me to look again. So, I brought the detector. I detected last night until dark and found a handful of nails and mosquitoes galore. On the up side, there was an old very rusty Buffalo Bill cap gun..But no ring. This morning I came back by to have breakfast, and since she was still cooking, I stood at the window staring off into space and waiting for breakfast. And there, out the window, I thought I saw the ring. I pointed out the window and under the bush to my fiance and she couldn't see it. I told her to stay right there and point and out I went and damned if I didn't see the thing. Four years under the bushes...So, happy mother's day, mom.

Attachments

• ring1.jpg
    ring1.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 271
Upvote 0

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Re: Happy Mother's Day!

Wow! That was a gift from above....FOR SURE! How in the world did you spot something as small as that ring from the window?! You either have good eyes, or it wasn't very far outside the window. Unreal story. Thanks for sharing and congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

Baldingboy

Blind Squirrel

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Happy Mother's Day!

Great post :icon_thumright: Thanks for sharing!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread