Baldingboy & Mastereagle New Site

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Baldingboy & Mastereagle New Site

Mastereagle and I got permission to hunt a place that was very active in the early 1900's in a small town around our area. We had high hopes of finding an undetected property, but it wasn't to be. It had sadly been detected very well, and there was very little left. Our finds, though meager, made the trip worthwhile.

We arrived right after work and went straight to work. As soon as I put on my headphones Mastereagle went "Circlemouth" and started talking to me. :mblah05: I heard about every tenth word he said and kept nodding my approval to which I would gauge his reaction (to see if I was answering correctly). Later on in the night, he would say "Hey, what do you get here" as he ran his detector over a hole. I would say, "Nothing...cause I'm detecting over here". He didn't show it...but I think he thought it was a pretty good joke. :sign10:

Anyway, I pulled this out of the ground and told Mastereagle I found a Civil War Horse Buckle or Blanket Roll Buckle. He laughed and laughed :laughing9: and said "You think everything is Civil War. If you dug a candy wrapper you would think that"! I held it up and he still didn't believe me. I finally pulled out my Iphone and Googled a picture of one and he finally said "Yeah, it could be, I wasn't denying it was one, I was just saying that you think everything is. I was just giving you trouble dude." (See what I put up with people?) ;D

Picture 845.jpg

I was detecting close to the hole where I found the buckle cover and found what I believe to be a knapsack hook. :icon_scratch: What do you all think?

Picture 855.jpg

Picture 863.jpg

I went on detecting and found this cool Catholic Cross. I am nearly certain it is silver. My SE Pro sang like an angel when I ran over this. It was about 6" in the ground. I felt bad for Mastereagle since he has always said he wanted to dig a nice cross item while detecting. I showed it to him and he said "Yeah… well you suck!" and ran away to the other end of the yard. I think he liked it. :dontknow:

Picture 846.jpg

Picture 856.jpg

Picture 862.jpg

The night ended with the property owner coming out and asking us if we were "just about done". Mastereagle told him "Yeah, actually we were just getting ready to leave". "I know" he said. "Actually your leaving RIGHT now". It's time for you to go". (I think he was trying to tell us something). I sure don't understand his demeanor. We had not been there a long time and had perfect ground conditions, thus our holes were absolutely invisible. He must have been getting pressure from someone else about us being there. I don't know...very strange! Mean people suck. :cussing:

Upvote 0

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Re: Baldingboy & Mastereagle New Site

Ok to set the record straight you keep asking me to check your signals with the new E-trac to keep me from detecting.

And NO that is not the least bit amusing when you say "Nothing cause I'm not detecting there" as evidenced by when I said it to you you said something the sounded like I was born in a ditch....... ::)

I kept saying hey BB you know you are fat and ugly and your momma dresses you funny which must be true because you kept saying yes and shaking your head yes.

You do say everything you dig is from the CW. Anyone who hunts with you has experienced that. True story.

I am the one that said I think the hook was CW from a napsack/backpack and you said I was nuts.

You found the cross because, frankly, I think God is trying to tell you you need some religion. :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used

mastereagle22 said:
Ok to set the record straight you keep asking me to check your signals with the new E-trac to keep me from detecting.

And NO that is not the least bit amusing when you say "Nothing cause I'm not detecting there" as evidenced by when I said it to you you said something the sounded like I was born in a ditch....... ::)

I kept saying hey BB you know you are fat and ugly and your momma dresses you funny which must be true because you kept saying yes and shaking your head yes.

You do say everything you dig is from the CW. Anyone who hunts with you has experienced that. True story.

I am the one that said I think the hook was CW from a napsack/backpack and you said I was nuts.

You found the cross because, frankly, I think God is trying to tell you you need some religion. :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

You found the cross because, frankly, I think God is trying to tell you you need some religion.
That's because of the pity he has because I hunt with you.

Yep. I stand by that too. You are NUTS.

By "Civil War" I am referring to domestic dispute. I figure someones wife got mad and threw their stuff out in the yard. By the way...when you typed True Story...did you do that with a straight face?

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used

You found the cross because, frankly, I think God is trying to tell you you need some religion.

Yes and he wants you to thank him for giving you such an AWESOME hunting partner EVERYTIME you go!

I must be cause I keep hunting with you and you keep kicking my tail......

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used

mastereagle22 said:

Yes and he wants you to thank him for giving you such an AWESOME hunting partner EVERYTIME you go!

I must be cause I keep hunting with you and you keep kicking my tail......

You have and eTrac now...it won't be long and you will be kicking back. :P

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other

Cool cross :thumbsup:

Whats a priest gonna do for you :icon_scratch:

Blaze

M

MiniMe

Love is in the air... :laughing7: :laughing7:

Excellent "CW" buckle and hook! That cross is beautiful. To bad the owner acted like that....Some people's children ::)

johnnyblaze said:

Blaze

Had to go there didn't you Blaze... Try talking to one someday....not only will he tell you what he can do for you but he'd also probably tell you your avatar is very annoying :tongue3:

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used

sscindercoop said:
calisdad said:
novafinder said:
i can feel the love lol

Ya think? The BOLD left impressions on my screen. :laughing7:
johnnyblaze said:
Cool cross :thumbsup:

Blaze
MiniMe said:
Love is in the air... :laughing7: :laughing7:

Excellent "CW" buckle and hook! That cross is beautiful. To bad the owner acted like that....Some people's children ::)

johnnyblaze said:

Blaze

Had to go there didn't you Blaze... Try talking to one someday....not only will he tell you what he can do for you but he'd also probably tell you your avatar is very annoying :tongue3:

sscindercoop~ Thanks.

calisdad~ I had to make my point. ;D

johnnyblaze~ Thanks. IDK....pray for me while I am detecting with Mastereagle I guess. :dontknow:

MiniMe~ It's not Love in the air.....it's just the spring weather. :laughing7:

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

You guys remind me of that William Shatner Priceline commercial as masters of disguise.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used

Yeah WSD only thing is BB is slightly heftier than Shatner and doesn't have nearly as much hair..... :laughing7: :laughing7:

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats on your finds. Can't wait till the next episode. Lol :boxing: :love8:

Burdie

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used

warsawdaddy said:
You guys remind me of that William Shatner Priceline commercial as masters of disguise.
mastereagle22 said:
Yeah WSD only thing is BB is slightly heftier than Shatner and doesn't have nearly as much hair..... :laughing7: :laughing7:
Burdie said:
Congrats on your finds. Can't wait till the next episode. Lol :boxing: :love8:

Burdie

Warsawdaddy~ Mastereagle is the EVIL twin in the one Priceline commercial. He hates kids and animals you know.....and the elderly I think. ::)

Burdie~ You know what ever the episode, my post is the truth. :angel7:

mastereagle~ You just hurt my feelings. I am going to tell your wife. You'll be sorry then. :icon_pirat:

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro

"And then the fit hit the shan." Roger Zelazny, in Lord of Light.

Boys, boys. Play nicely.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread