Solid Silver Thimble. 1909 VDB, Indians, Wheats, Buffalo, Token. Hoard Of Relics

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hey everyone,

Still beat after this weekends 3 day hunt.

Finally took my younger brother out to do some hunting. He's been really busy working and playing baseball.

We hunted for about a total of 8 hrs over the weekend. I'm still a little beat today from it all. I hunted hard and dug everything.

Haven't been used to hitting it that hard like I used to. I tend to dig more and walk farther when were together.

I got some nice keepers for the weekend. We hit this old large set of woods behind some old homes.

My favorite finds are the silver thimble. And the small lock.

The thimble has a design all around the bottom. It looks like a house a church a boat and a city Pretty neat relic.

The lock is smaller than a half dollar. It says eagle lock co on it.

I also got a vdb wheat. No back shot for you all. The vdb is so tiny it wouldn't show.

Got a no date buffalo and a Andrew Johnson presidential token.

The Indians were a 94 and a 02. One wheat was a better 33 date.

I also found a ring dated 1923. But it is in really bad condition.

It was a nice weekend haul. But I am feeling the effects today. I also worked and played baseball to.

I'm getting older Lol.

Thanks for looking,

HH Jer

Attachments

• Man I\'m Tiered goodies.jpg
    Man I\'m Tiered goodies.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 740
  • Man I\'m Tiered relics.jpg
    Man I\'m Tiered relics.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 742
  • Man I\'m Tiered relics 1.jpg
    Man I\'m Tiered relics 1.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 751
Upvote 0

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job jer!! Your definately the KING of your DFX.Nice haul!!

M

mchamby

Wow it looks like the two of you had one heck of a day, what a great looking thimble. HH. Rest your weary bones. :D
Mchamby

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Jerdfx....That looks like plenty of digging and plenty of finds.....Those silver Thimbles bring in a good dollar and are very collectable! Impressive!

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Re: Solid Silver Thimble. 1909 VDB, Indians, Wheats, Buffalo, Token. Hoard Of Re

Hey Jer. Those coins are looking good. Must be nice to find IH's that are not green. :) Token is neat. Can't really see the ring too good but I like the fact that it has a date.

Bob

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Look at all that stuff! Nice haul, sweet thimble!

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks alot for all the replies everyone

Sorry it took me so long. I had a million chores to do.

This is only like the 4th or 5th vdb I have dug. I have dug over a 1,000 wheats in the last 4 yrs.

A S would be nice but I'm not complaining. I have found rarer and more valuable. They are out there.

The indians turn out nice but they almost always chip at the rims. I hate that. Unless I'm in a good soil the indians are really fragile. Or in some cases destroyed.

Just happy to find them. Alot were lost in my area.

Thanks Jimmy, I try lol.

Your right gribnitz, You gotta dig alot of trash or you can miss things. Or not get to them. I have one of the best detectors you can buy. I never look at the screen.

It's rare that I check the vdi number. Unless it sounds really good. I go by sound and depth. I dig everything except the iron. And I dig some of that to usually.

Turning the icons off on the dfx is a very good way to learn it. You tend to ignore more items when it is saying foil or srewcap.

I seen similar thinbles going from 50.00 to a few hundred. The more that was on them the more they were worth usually. I can't find this one. It has no makers mark.

HH Jer

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Sounds like you had a nice time with your brother! Very nice indian heads!!!!! :) I also love the silver thimble!

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks detecting freak.

We had a great time. My brother didn't do as well.

He got a ton of relics and only 3 wheats on the weekend.

It's tough for him to hunt with me. I have a dfx know it extremely well and have a 1400 DD coil on it for more coverage and depth.

It makes alot of difference. He's a very good hunter for only 16 yrs old. But I did teach him alot.

In the end though. It's all about spending time together as brothers. Gives me a chance to look over him more and try and guide him.

16 is a rough age for a younge man.

Wanted to get out today but don't know if the rains gonna hold. I am fealing strong again and ready to get some treasure.

Thanks for all the nice replies everyone,

HH Jer

mxtswinger

Jul 27, 2006
Northeast KY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT's Goldscan 5 PI
You've got my back hurtin just lookin at all those finds.

Very cool stuff. Best thimble I've ever seen. Love that token also.

WTG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread