Eureka!!! Somebody give me a pick...

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hello all,,,
I got out yesterday for a few hours. Went to one of my usual hunting spots and found an unusual find for us city folks. Found this little chunk of crystal with a small gold vain running through it. The picture doesn't do it justice, as you can't see most of the gold that is actually there... What do ya think?, real gold?.. Should I trade my dig'n knife in for a pick axe?.. ;D

Also found my 12th silver coin for the year. It's a 1944 Mercury dime. Not doing as well with the silver this year as I did last year. The last picture is of a small railroad spike. There used to be a small gage railroad that run fairly close to the area and I'm thinking it may have come from it...

Hope ya all have been able to get out and have had some luck,
Happy hunting~
Leon

Attachments

• Gold.jpg
    Gold.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 759
  • 44Merc.jpg
    44Merc.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 765
  • Spike.jpg
    Spike.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 752
Upvote 0

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Good job, Leon! Ain't that gold purdy?? :o :o In my younger years when I lived in the Pacific NW, I'd go panning for gold. What a kick! Seeing that golden glow is so rewarding! Never found a nugget, just dust, but it still made my heart pound. :D -Noodle

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VEry nice rock and finds and did i ever tell you.....

When i was five-ish, i found a quartz rock with a HUGE gold vein runing though it. i knew a lot about rocks and insisted it was real. She thew it out or something.

HH
-GC

tabfinder

Jul 9, 2006
Midwest
Detector(s) used
Nocta Simplex
WOW Leon....very cool! Get that sucker tested! Stake a claim...dig it all up....throw us all a party!

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome Leon, any idea why the gold is there, gold mine nearby? Congrats on the gold and silver! HH, Mike

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no way try taking some pictures in natural light - flash, do the best you can stud!looks like it maybe?

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK..looks like the next Tnet hunting party might be taking place at Leon's! :D

LEON! WoW! Gold, Silver and Relics!!! What a day!

Congrats!

;)

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Neat rock leon.

Maybe gold and quartz.

Atleast you got a nice merc

HH Jer

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Definately a nice find, I'd be back there in a heartbeat looking for more rocks that look like that clayey color sticking to the clear quartz.

I can see the gold at the far right upper corner streaking down and across to the upper left corner. Also looks like a small speck at bottom, a little left of center.

Would like to see more pics of this piece in different lighting conditions, if you can?

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Thanks all,,,
goldencoin said:
Very nice rock and finds and did i ever tell you.....

When i was five-ish, i found a quartz rock with a HUGE gold vein runing though it. i knew a lot about rocks and insisted it was real. She thew it out or something.

HH
-GC
I believe I did read that story just awhile back. You saying ,"She" weren't you talking about your Mother?

I forgot to mention this rock is only 1-1/8" x 1/2" x 1/2", so even if it's real gold, the party isn't going to last too long... ;D
Also, as far as I know there has never been a gold mine anywhere near this area. I'm thinking it was probably brought in with some fill dirt, as most of this particular area has been bulldozed, and graded... The specs of gold are very small, but it does cover a good deal of one surface of the rock. I'm definitely going to keep a close eye out for more when I'm in that area, never know...

Here's a few more pics...
Good luck, & happy hunting~

Attachments

• Gold5.jpg
    Gold5.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 296
  • Gold3.jpg
    Gold3.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 278
  • Gold2.jpg
    Gold2.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 279

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, if it isn't gold, Its nice to dream and have a good time!

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stake your claim now Leon, before someone jumps it on ya! Silver and gold in one hunt is great, congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread