Would be good finds

clump63

Mar 1, 2005
central Indiana
Went out yesterday to an old farm house with sister and found these two very rough ones. First is a crotal bell badly damaged #6, second a flattened indian head with a hole punctured in the middle, I can make out the 1--- on the date but thats not much to go on :D Well guess I'll go dodge sniper bulletts on the interstate today. Those shootings happened along the same route I travel to Louisville 4-times a week. The one on I-69 was about 20 miles from my house. :(

Attachments

• P7250003.JPG
    P7250003.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 403
Upvote 0

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Still some neat old finds.

There's gotta be more around there somewhere

HH Jer

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sniper!? WoW! You need to find a different route Clump!

Congrats on your finds!

:)

O

Ole Mole

clump63 said:
Well guess I'll go dodge sniper bulletts on the interstate today. Those shootings happened along the same route I travel to Louisville 4-times a week. The one on I-69 was about 20 miles from my house. :(

Good finds all the same.
Be careful on your drive to and from, and I hope they get the A$$&*@% that's doing it. That is one highly traveled highway.
Wasn't there one person killed just this week from a sniper on 69?

Keep your head down and your eyes open for anything suspicious.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, took me a long time to find my first bell. HH, Mike

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Just saw where they arrested the suspected shooter - a 17-year-old. Maybe Clump will make it home ok.

Can someone tell me what a crotal bell is? Have seen it referenced twice this week, and that's a new one on me.

Thanks for the info in advance. -Noodle

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
Noodle said:
Just saw where they arrested the suspected shooter - a 17-year-old. Maybe Clump will make it home ok.

Can someone tell me what a crotal bell is? Have seen it referenced twice this week, and that's a new one on me.

Thanks for the info in advance. -Noodle

i believe crotal bells were bells they put on livestock animals to be able to tell where they were.

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Ooooohhhhhhh! We always called those "jingle bells." :D Are they originally on a strap of sorts? -Noodle

O

Ole Mole

Mighty AP said:
I thought they put em on sleighs & waggons, hung em on the bridals of horses. Never seen or heard of em til I came here, prety cool finds though!
I hang'em on the wife so I know where she is at all times. No sensein her sneaking up on me..... oh crap here she comes gotta go. L8R

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm no genius... but I think the second date on that indian is either an 8 or a 9 ;) hahaha :)

Glad to hear the sniper didn't get you. It's scary knowing that sniper was sitting just 10min from my house on the interstate.

OP
OP
clump63

clump63

Mar 1, 2005
central Indiana
Thanks for all the reply's. No problems out on the road last night, also heard on the satellite radio that they got him and he confessed, also got the gun. Anyway, that's my second crotal bell in as many weeks. Never found one before that. Also I didn't mention that my sister found a real nice one just like the broken one about 10 feet from where I dug mine. Hey Brian, I think you might be right on the partial date ::)

luckysgirl

Jul 26, 2006
Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Hey Bub...

Went to the old farm spot last night...ugh ! Ground was way to hard and the mosquitos
were brutal. We need some rain and a can of OFF before we take on that venture !
I only lasted about 30 minutes ... :(

Luv ya !
Sis

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread