DSC00507.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 300
  • DSC00508.jpg
    DSC00508.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 294
Upvote 0
B

brunoflipepr

i'm guessing metatarsal or phalanx... looks like a distal articulating surface...
those are great specimens...

i've got a complete triceratops phalnge, a stegosaur hoof, some stegosaur spit teeth, an ankylosaur scute, a grallator print/track in shale, a hadrosaur egg, a fully rooted 3 inch dromaeosaur tooth- but had to buy them all... never found anything except for ammonites... wrong part of the country...

well done...

OP
OP
buckeyehunter

buckeyehunter

Jan 29, 2005
Lancaster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
e-trac
bruno, these were all found at my brothers creek, everywhere you look there are fossils, I have SEVERAL more down there that I pulled out of the creek and put in his house but just havent brought home yet, tons of great fossils.

B

brunoflipepr

that is awesome... i love them and would not part with mine but if i were you guys i'd open an ebay store... you guys are sitting on a gold mine... especially those raptor teeth, cripes those alone are worth a ton... get down there and find a skull, then you can really cash in...

OP
OP
buckeyehunter

buckeyehunter

Jan 29, 2005
Lancaster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
e-trac
bruno, i dont know anything about fossils but I am pretty sure those arent teeth, a lady i work with knows a lot about fossils and she showed me in a book what they are but I cant recall what they were, she was actually showing me two that looked similar, one was a squid of some sort and the other was a plant I believe? they do look like teeth but pretty sure they arent.

B

brunoflipepr

mike28 said:
bruno, i dont know anything about fossils but I am pretty sure those arent teeth, a lady i work with knows a lot about fossils and she showed me in a book what they are but I cant recall what they were, she was actually showing me two that looked similar, one was a squid of some sort and the other was a plant I believe? they do look like teeth but pretty sure they arent.
looking closer your right... ohio has no mesozoic rock (i.e. no dinsoaur bones)... those are probably paleozoic artifacts (i.e. mollusks, squid)... wishful thinking on my part... we've got the same problem in eastern oklahoma...

cdhjr

Feb 13, 2005
brunoflipper said:
mike28 said:
looking closer your right... ohio has no mesozoic rock (i.e. no dinsoaur bones)... those are probably paleozoic artifacts (i.e. mollusks, squid)... wishful thinking on my part... we've got the same problem in eastern oklahoma...

You are correct. The fossils shown are a paleozioc assemblage. The tooth-like fossils are solitary corals...commonly called horn corals. The clam-like fossil is a brachiopod. The small fossil in question appears to be another horn coral. Hope I have been helpful.

Peace,
Chuck

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat finds Mike! ;)