A bit more luck today...

madfranks

May 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
If you read my last post a few days ago, you remember that I had a frustrating weekend, with our plans to find an old ghost town ruined by that oh-so-infamous "no trespassing" sign. Anyway, I skipped school a little early today and went out to an old city park in the historic district of Denver to see if I could have any better luck. Well the heat was killer today, I could only be out for an hour but it was an interesting hour. First off, this park is not in the best location of the city, kind of on the outer area, where there were lots of homeless people, tons of trash in the park, etc, etc. I set my discrimination super high because I was getting inconsistent signals for the first 10 minutes or so, and kept on pulling up beer bottle caps. About 45 minutes in I was about to just give up because the heat was really bad, I was digging up alot of trash, and many of the homeless people were staring at me like I was from another planet. I checked in the shaded area of a large tree and got a clean signal that sounded like a shallow coin. I dug an inch and a half and nothing, so I checked the ground again and I was getting the same sound, so I kept digging. Anyway, about 4" down was a nice 1954 Washington quarter and two wheat pennies (1956-D, 1958), all right next to each other. I'm not sure why it's not showing up in the picture, but the 56-D wheat has a long horizontal scratch right in the middle where my screwdriver introduced itself. It is a light scratch though. Well that finished it off for me and I packed up, but I'm happy that I had some good luck today.

Attachments

• Treasurenet 010.jpg
    Treasurenet 010.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 302
  • Treasurenet 011.jpg
    Treasurenet 011.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 303
Upvote 0

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Mad,

nice, silver always is.

That heat is a killer, makes it tough hunting.

Congrat on your finds.

have a good un.................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread