neat ring / some copper and some silver

Gabbit

Aug 4, 2005
Idaho
Been a bit busy as of late. Getting all ready to move to Washington state from Idaho. Will be nice to get some new hunting areas and may even get into some beach hunting, which is nice cuz the wife already ok'd getting an Excal -- Been sneaking off a couple times a week over lunch to get a few digs in. About an hour is all I can stand in 100 degree weather.

Anyhow w/out boring you any further here are my finds:

Wheats:
1944S x 2
1951S
1930S
1957D
1958D
1942D
1953p
1913D

Indian

Mercs
1919P
1924S

The ring looks to a silver plated metal -- 99.99% sure the stone is glass :) probably the oldest ring I have found to date

Thanks for looken!

Attachments

• past2weeks.jpg
    past2weeks.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 404
  • keepers.jpg
    keepers.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 424
  • ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 404
Upvote 0

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Nice finds Gabbit! Washington state? You dont want to go there, I hear its completely hunted out! No silver, no rings, no clad. I hope you give up all your secret spots to Angelo before you leave.................the Gem State misses you already! :'(

mlw67

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Mighty AP said:
Washington state? You dont want to go there, I hear its completely hunted out! No silver, no rings, no clad.

C'mon AP, I left a *few* things up there. ;) :D

Great finds, Gabbit, I can't wait to see what you can find in the Seattle area. I'll tell you where to go on Vashon Island if you want.

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Oh, I am drooling over that IH. It looks very, very nice. ;D ;D Merc are fine but usually those look decent even here in ohio. But IH's ...well let's just say they don't look too pretty here. :P :D

Good luck in your move.

Mirage

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds there Gabbit..keep going back..... love the Mercs and I H

R

realmhunter

Nice Mercs and Indian head..They definitely make this hobby more interesting!! RH

N

Newbie101

nice finds.moving to the state of Washington?.I've lived here all my life.Nice place to live.I live in Renton just about 1/2 hour outside of Seattle.Anyway keep up the good work finding those hidden treasures.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds Gabbit.

Your soil is kind to the indians.

The ring looks old. Probably from the 30's or 40's.

HH Jer

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing about moving Gabbit is you get to throw away all those items that have not been used in so many years that have been just sitting there in storage! Congrats of the nice finds and good luck in your new adventures!

OP
OP
Gabbit

Gabbit

Aug 4, 2005
Idaho
Mighty AP said:
Nice finds Gabbit! Washington state? You dont want to go there, I hear its completely hunted out! No silver, no rings, no clad. I hope you give up all your secret spots to Angelo before you leave.................the Gem State misses you already! :'(

haha -- well so are the areas around here j/k - haha -- secret spots hu I think I took Angelo to all my secret spots outside of Boise -- he just needs to pick up everything I left -- Will be glad to see some rain after this summer -- 8th day in a row over 100 here ack!!

[/quote]

C'mon AP, I left a *few* things up there. ;) :D

Great finds, Gabbit, I can't wait to see what you can find in the Seattle area. I'll tell you where to go on Vashon Island if you want.
[/quote]

Any tips are welcome and appreciated -- :) you must have left a coin or two up there for me -- If you ever make it up north we will have to go hunting

Mirage said:
Oh, I am drooling over that IH. It looks very, very nice. ;D ;D Merc are fine but usually those look decent even here in ohio. But IH's ...well let's just say they don't look too pretty here. :P :D

Good luck in your move.

Mirage

Thanks Mirage -- got lucky most coins I find that old are worn pretty good from being in circulation for 30 years :) lol

Newbie101 said:
nice finds.moving to the state of Washington?.I've lived here all my life.Nice place to live.I live in Renton just about 1/2 hour outside of Seattle.Anyway keep up the good work finding those hidden treasures.

Will most likely be near the Renton area myself -- will be working in Federal Way :)

JerDfx said:
Nice finds Gabbit.

Your soil is kind to the indians.

The ring looks old. Probably from the 30's or 40's.

HH Jer

Kinda tough to date but I would say the same thing too -- have seen some styles like that from the 50's but I would say a bit old -- just another ring in my treasure box now :)

The Seeker said:
One thing about moving Gabbit is you get to throw away all those items that have not been used in so many years that have been just sitting there in storage! Congrats of the nice finds and good luck in your new adventures!

haha -- the minimalilst wife makes sure I don't collect things in storage -- haha just happy she didn't throw my ocean fishing poles in the trash

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread