Silver FAKE Roman Denarius Dated AD66!! WOW!!!!

jimmy uk

Nov 3, 2010
Essex
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 1,403
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,402
Upvote 0
OP
OP
jimmy uk

jimmy uk

Nov 3, 2010
Essex
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright:
CRUSADER said:
jimmy uk said:
im not 100% sure im doing this right so for give me for moment. i held the coin up right with the face facing right and i turned it over straight over and the reverse is facing the right way up so you can read it :dontknow:

No turning or flipping, just swiveling between your fingers (keeping it in the up right position). I think from what you said (but try it again, as any little angle change can matter), that its a 6'oc.

The Roman's were perfectionists & at least 90% of their coins were 12'oc or 6'oc. However, local imitations & Forgery's often had varying angles. {Assuming it is a 6oc}The weight of probability leans to a semi offical coin, at least someone who was well practiced in Roman Minting techniques.

hi mate its 1000% 6 o'clock :icon_thumleft: ios that a good sign :-\

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jimmy uk said:
CRUSADER said:
jimmy uk said:
im not 100% sure im doing this right so for give me for moment. i held the coin up right with the face facing right and i turned it over straight over and the reverse is facing the right way up so you can read it :dontknow:e isn't another example of this coin, weather Modern or Ancient fake

No turning or flipping, just swiveling between your fingers (keeping it in the up right position). I think from what you said (but try it again, as any little angle change can matter), that its a 6'oc.

The Roman's were perfectionists & at least 90% of their coins were 12'oc or 6'oc. However, local imitations & Forgery's often had varying angles. {Assuming it is a 6oc}The weight of probability leans to a semi offical coin, at least someone who was well practiced in Roman Minting techniques.

Jimmy I think you have had all the imformation that we could provide you with our limited knowledge, and I think you have had similar replies from anouther forum.
You really need to send images to more experts, as this would seem to be quite unique :dontknow: As there isn't another example of this modern or ancient fake, it's very hard to say just what it might be.
You might have to send the coin of to the BM or somewere else, and lets hope it's what we hope it is :icon_thumleft:

SS

OP
OP
jimmy uk

jimmy uk

Nov 3, 2010
Essex
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand i just want to thank everyone who has help me, im gonna be going to Colchester musum wednesday the heart of the romans who i wil let you how i get on with the coin. Thanks again

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jimmy uk said:
CRUSADER said:
jimmy uk said:
im not 100% sure im doing this right so for give me for moment. i held the coin up right with the face facing right and i turned it over straight over and the reverse is facing the right way up so you can read it :dontknow:

It just another piece of the puzzle & if contemporary (like I now believe), then you could start to argue that it may not be a Forgery or imitation (based on probability) but doesn't totally rule it out.
Roman coins are hardly studied, let along something that doesn't fit the usual mould. Best bet I still think is a prolific collector :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread