Mondays beach finds

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monday's beach finds

Got in about 8 hours of beach hunting on monday. My first 5 targets were bottle caps and I was not liking how things were starting out. Fortunately, the next target changed my thinking a bit. It was a small earring with an even smaller purple stone in it. I turned it over to see that 925 on it. Silver. My first in a few months. I almost didn't find it. I scooped it up and rescanned the hole and the signal was gone. I took a closer look at my scoop and there it is hanging from the metal mesh of my scoop. Besides the earring, I found $7.72 consisting of 11 quarters, 36 dimes, 16 nickels and 57 pennies. Plenty of trash: 48 pulltabs and easily twice that amount in bottle caps. One weird thing though, I didn't see any other MDers out there. I was constantly looking around. I've been going there pretty regularly for the past 6 years and there is normally at least 4 guys in the water and 4 or 5 people working the dry stuff. It was kinda creepy ;D

Upvote 0
R

realmhunter

Re: Monday's beach finds

Some nice finds. Most hunters go further south. I am planning a move back to south Fla. sweet beaches there.. RH

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

realmhunter said:
Some nice finds. Most hunters go further south. I am planning a move back to south Fla. sweet beaches there.. RH
HUH?

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It is kinda creepy when your the only one out there and all you here are the waves spashing along the shore line....Been there done that, as the sun is coming up in the East! Still, it sounds like you had a decent day!!! HH

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's a good hunt! Fierce competition though. HH, Mike

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

"hanging in the mesh" i know exactly what you talking about, i found an earing like that

HH
-GC

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Willy d, the last time I looked around and I was the only one there was when a storm was approaching. I was keeping my eyes on the sand and not looking at the sky.

You did well with all the change. Good job.

Sandman

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

It was just your day Willie D....Still seem's a little creepy though..Still some nice find's though.HH!!

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sandman256 said:
Willy d, the last time I looked around and I was the only one there was when a storm was approaching. I was keeping my eyes on the sand and not looking at the sky.

You did well with all the change. Good job.

Sandman
I hear ya, rain doesn't bother me much(I bring rain gear) now lightning, that's a different story ;D

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BADDOG said:
Willie,
I don't know if I could keep up with you!! 8 hours?? Nice job on the earring and clad.
We'll have to get together soon.

Good Luck and HH

Baddog
I look forward to it.

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The Seeker said:
It is kinda creepy when your the only one out there and all you here are the waves spashing along the shore line....Been there done that, as the sun is coming up in the East! Still, it sounds like you had a decent day!!! HH
Yeah, in the past I've gotten to the beach before dawn with a thunderstorm out in the gulf. The beach was empty, it was dark. It was a little spooky. Then you get used to the steady hum in the headphones, then BAM! that first signal, that's scared me. That kind of scare always makes me laugh.

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks to everyone who replied to my post. HH Bill.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread