Our Best Site Gives Up Another Morgan + More

d-dub

Apr 15, 2009
Chicago, Il
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Minelab Excal II
Not today's finds but it was this month. Mashed up a couple of hunts worth of video from the beginning of the month and figured I would share. This is by far my best year detecting. I just can't believe how many Seated's, Barber's, and Morgan's we have dug up already this year. The one in the video is the 3rd one, from the same site. I hope our luck continues. :icon_pirat:

HH!

D-Dub

Upvote 0

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool vid D-Dub :icon_thumright: Thank's.You all need to try and remove some of that debris.....we did it up at Antietam and scored pretty good.Thank's for the vid!

OP
OP
d-dub

d-dub

Apr 15, 2009
Chicago, Il
Detector(s) used
civilman1 said:
Cool vid D-Dub :icon_thumright: Thank's.You all need to try and remove some of that debris.....we did it up at Antietam and scored pretty good.Thank's for the vid!

We were talking about doing that. We do move the smaller brush around as well as crawl into some! I've scored quite a few goodies doing that. Also swinging right up against the trunks of the smaller saplings too. They love to feed on the silver. The problems we've run into during discussions though is first there is just so much of it and if we all put our efforts into an area then its trying to decide who gets to hunt it? Haha. Thanks cilvilman!

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great video bud, keep'um coming!!!! Glad we all found a Morgan there!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

MKnTenn

Jul 30, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome site and finds, all of you are getting jaded to the super old coins, now it's like "Oh another seated or morgan", with not much excitement. When that spot is cleaned out, it will be hard to go back to "rosy's and Washingtons" LOL

JW15

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705 w/DD coil Backup- 505,305.
OP
OP
d-dub

d-dub

Apr 15, 2009
Chicago, Il
Detector(s) used
MKnTenn said:
Awesome site and finds, all of you are getting jaded to the super old coins, now it's like "Oh another seated or morgan", with not much excitement. When that spot is cleaned out, it will be hard to go back to "rosy's and Washingtons" LOL

Thanks! I was surprised that I wasn't that excited with the Morgan. I guess I was more relieved that I found it instead of the other two(L4S & TF) finding another one. :icon_pirat:They both found their's at this site.

The excitement of a seated is starting to subsiding though. I found two(1 each) on back to back hunts this week. The first one was like, "cool, another silver", and the second I was actually surprised that they keep popping up. Most people around here have been hunting for years without finding one. And just today, Lookn4seated dug a roosie and was like, "F@!ckn' Roosie"! :-\

I think we have definitely been spoiled this season. I can only hope it continues. :icon_thumleft:

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice silver and vid U guys!!! MR TUFF

staydetuned

Aug 27, 2007
San Francisco, California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II
Love to watch your guys videos and finds. You've got a great spot there (a few great spots it looks like); I hope it continues for a loooooong time. Really jealous of that nice Chicago soil and all the oldies it's holding. Keep up the good work, and the great vids!

Jayson

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think its funny that you were missing a Rosie for your grand slam yesterday, and today we dug three... :dontknow:

Another great vid and hunt bud.... can't wait for the water to warm up.

stagger

Sep 29, 2010
Carrizozo, NM
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado Umax * Bounty Hunter Tracker 1-D/505
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for sharing your finds thru video. That is one smokin hot spot.

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
another quality video guys! great hunt!

nhagan

Jul 27, 2010
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
pretty damn cool that the trio each grabbed a morgan!! nice work d-dub glad to see you were able to pull that beauty out of there!!

Neil

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds!

What do you suppose the site was, and the time frame?

jcooking

Feb 28, 2010
Montana
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro, Sunray X-1 probe
Garrett AT Gold
Awesome hunt and finds! Thanks for sharing and HH!

moonshine

Dec 29, 2006
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di/Pro, E-Trac
really enjoy the video.....thanks for taking the time to make/post it. very motivating....you guys are onto a super-hot spot. good job on your research.

lennon631

May 3, 2010
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Garrett ProPointer
Hullava site you guys have there! Great video, thanks for sharing.....and that machine of yours picks up great dandelions! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
d-dub

d-dub

Apr 15, 2009
Chicago, Il
Detector(s) used
lennon631 said:
Hullava site you guys have there! Great video, thanks for sharing.....and that machine of yours picks up great dandelions! :icon_thumleft:

Thanks Lennon! Haha. Ya, I had it marked with the dandelion. Just wanted to show some different angles and footage to make the video more interesting. What's funny is that as I was editing the video I noticed I passed up two other signals as I was swinging up to the one I had marked. Went back a few days later, located the plug and found those signals digging a 2 wheatie pocket spill and the other a Merc!

Lesson learned was to pay more attention to the detecting than the video work!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions