Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the land of the Bluenose.....mastered the pain as I said no to drugs (and later in the evening yes to Guinness) and sucked it up. Didn't feel like company and headed to a local school by myself to try and learn the AT Pro. Started the day digging 4 to 1. That is 4 junk targets to one coin and by the end of the day was down to about 2 to 1.
P5220007.jpg

Towards the end of the dig my batteries were down to two blocks so I decided to change them...disaster! The battery holder was cracked and this was only the first time I had changed them. Hope they hold till a replacement arrives.
P5230009.jpg

P5230008.jpg

Anyway the arm finally became too sore to dig even though I swung with my left all day but the right shoulder and arm were still reminding me what a wimp I was. Guess the "Big Guy" decided right when he let women bare children cause men can't stand a little pain!

Almost one with the AT Pro and ran her in Pro/Zero mode for the day. On the way back to Otto went to throw my batteries in the garbage and saw this little bandit!
P5230012.jpg
A tad on the nasty side as he growled and hissed at me......Lord knows what you would call that noise and this bouy was not about to stick his arm down to help him out. That poor bandit really gives new meaning to the phrase "Down in the dumps!" Called 911 once home and they didn't seem interested till I mentioned the word rabies!

Anyway today was special in that this was my first quota with "Digala." Don't look at me Marie named it youz.

Take for the two hours was 76 coins @ $3.41. The buckle and button were from my last outing with Slickpick Rick.
P5230015.jpg

Upvote 0

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
I feel your pain. Nice hunt and I hope your shoulder and arm gets better.
Dman

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That battery holder looks 10 years old. :icon_scratch:

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
A little duct tape will hold that together for the moment :tongue3:
Loons & Coons, Good days Hunt!
Hope that arm holds up :thumbsup:

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that is the third battery holder I have seen that has done the same thing !
There must be an issue with those as I thought it was a random break, But now seeing three makes me wonder .

OP
OP
leslie(nova scotia)

leslie(nova scotia)

Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure the fellow I brought it from used it a few times thus the reason it looks

lookindown said:

From the land of the Bluenose.....so old. First time I had the battery compartment open.

benny42

May 24, 2011
hi leslie, that is a bummer about the battery pack but, i have a quick fix for ya. go to your local auto parts store and buy some "JB-WELD" it will come in two tubes just follow the directions on the back very simply. but here's the catch, when you apply this stuff "IT IS THERE TO STAY" just clean the dirt away from the broken area and apply a good amount make sure it's spread evenly it will cure in minuts but, i always wait a couple of hours anyway. it works so well you may want to keep it as a backup. i am a auto mechanic and have used this stuff in a pinch, and it works too good especially on hard plastics. i hope this helps you some. and i hope you feel better. happy hunting.....benny...

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
leslie(nova scotia) said:
lookindown said:

From the land of the Bluenose.....so old. First time I had the battery compartment open.
Do you think a new battery pack should look like that......I dont mean the crack, I mean how beat up and dirty it looks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions