Glory Boy

Glory Boy

Greenie
Jan 10, 2006
PHILIPPINES
Detector(s) used
TESORO, GOLD DEMON
Re: Spanish Crusader's Pendant

What are "V.V.S.T.D.E.G." and "S.T.P.S.H." mean?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

roma is rome * -- so most likely a " roman catholic religous medal - st michael the archangel " carried by a catholic in the phillipines ( who knows maybe a "italian missoinary preist"? )

alfonso II of italy 1559 - 1597 *? --if not what era and nationality where the two coins? -- as thereare several ---- alfonso the II

the spanish set up catholic religious missions as part of their "overall" plan to convet local tribes into obeadiant " workers" for the glory of spain --the church taught the tribal people as part of their "religious education" that as good christans they were to "obey" the king's orders and work and pay taxes s well as giving money to the church.

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It appears to have the crude side ways clasp which we see in Mission period sites

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

ivan salis said:
roma is rome * -- so most likely a " roman catholic religous medal - st michael the archangel " carried by a catholic in the phillipines ( who knows maybe a "italian missoinary preist"? )

alfonso II of italy 1559 - 1597 *? --if not what era and nationality where the two coins? -- as thereare several ---- alfonso the II

the spanish set up catholic religious missions as part of their "overall" plan to convet local tribes into obeadiant " workers" for the glory of spain --the church taught the tribal people as part of their "religious education" that as good christans they were to "obey" the king's orders and work and pay taxes s well as giving money to the church.
With these comments I realize that my country did something right. :D
H

OP
OP
Glory Boy

Glory Boy

Greenie
Jan 10, 2006
PHILIPPINES
Detector(s) used
TESORO, GOLD DEMON

We are still verifying the actual Gold content, it weighs 79 grams on a digital scale. Anyone here knows the selling price of this artifact?

OP
OP
Glory Boy

Glory Boy

Greenie
Jan 10, 2006
PHILIPPINES
Detector(s) used
TESORO, GOLD DEMON

HISPAN said:
ivan salis said:

With these comments I realize that my country did something right. :D
H

Please read this: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/22815/22815-h/22815-h.htm#d0e6181

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Glory Boy said:
We are still verifying the actual Gold content, it weighs 79 grams on a digital scale. Anyone here knows the selling price of this artifact?
doesn't look gold, but if it were, its only worth melt value

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

until actual age and provandance can be proven --its just worth "gold value"---* which depends upon it's actual gold %

still since you now got 2 of them you got a "matching pair" at 79 grams thats a bit over 2 oz in weight each** total of 4 oz or so -- if its say 14 k --thats a bit over 2 oz of gold --or about 1oz of gold per item -- with todays gold prices at $1536 per oz --the pair would be worth about $3,000 USD in gold if 14 K .---of course when selling gold one might have to take less than full "market" value at times. ---nice find

artsyflipsy

Apr 14, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know that this thread is super old, but I'd like to give info for those who come upon this page via search engines. This medallion is not super old - in fact, this design is still being made and sold. This is an amulet called 'anting-anting' in the Philippines. I'm sure this was found in the Philippines. These are typically made of brass, mixed metals mostly - scrap metals found in construction sites, then melted. The one on the left is "San Miguel" and the one on the right is called "Santiago de Galicia" - but sometimes both are mistaken for the same one design because of the similarity of the designs.

Last edited:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know that this thread is super old, but I'd like to give info for those who come upon this page via search engines. This medallion is not super old - in fact, this design is still being made and sold. This is an amulet called 'anting-anting' in the Philippines. I'm sure this was found in the Philippines. These are typically made of brass, mixed metals mostly - scrap metals found in construction sites, then melted. The one on the left is "San Miguel" and the one on the right is called "Santiago de Galicia" - but sometimes both are mistaken for the same one design because of the similarity of the designs.
Welcome to Tnet.
I agree didn't look old to me either.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Anting-Anting Medalion

Welcome to the Show...Artsyflipsy
Yes as you stated an Anting-Anting Medalion

Anting-Anting Medalion.jpg Anting-Anting Medalion 2.jpg

As explained by a local Philippine.
One of the many healers and mystics I encountered during my stay in Banahaw. Here he explains me the power of the anting-antings (see my related post here) and he also gave me a lecture on the cabalistic drawings in his holy book.
He told me stories about UFOs and of people being abducted by aliens. He even showed me the place where aliens from outer space are landing.
He told me about a Golden Cathedral buried deep inside the Holy Mountain which is accessible only through astral projection. During some particular nights you can hear the ringing of the bells deep down inside the earth.
I know that many of you will express amusement about those stories but among the local people this isn’t laughing matter at all. Most of them will confirm that extraordinary events are happening here.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread