• midnight.JPG
    midnight.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 544
Upvote 0

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I bet they were happy with your effort, it makes people smile when something they lost is found. :icon_thumright:

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Captain Midnight premiered in 1939 with sponsorship from Skelly Oil. I believe your badge was ‘officially’ called the Mystro-Magic: Weather Forecasting Flight Wings Badge.

Captain Midnight was the shadowy WWI hero Captain Red Albright, dubbed Captain Midnight because midnight was the hour in which he returned from a most dangerous flying mission. His past was shrouded in mystery, but listeners did learn that from his WWI adventures came a sinister foe: the wretched Ivan Shark, a mastermind bent on world-domination. The Captain's on-going rivalry with Shark took him to distant lands and put him constantly in the face of danger, and kids were enraptured. It wasn't long before a club was formed, the Captain Midnight "Flight Patrol”; and by 1940 there were over 1 million members.

In 1940, sponsorship of the show was turned over to Ovaltine, so your badge can be dated to 1939.

Don.......

OP
OP
jjg70

jjg70

Dec 12, 2010
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250. Garrett AT Pro
Thanks Don. It's held up pretty well in the dirt

High Plains Digger

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2008
I also found one, Skelly, like yours. Welcome to the Flight Patrol. Now, after you get your decoder ring................

PS--never could stomach ovaltine. I was a Nestle kid--fan of that stupid dog with the big mouth, whatever his name was.

High Plains Digger

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2008
Yea, Farfel. N-e-s-t-l-e'-s. Nestttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees. bonk.

But perhaps someone MUCH older than us can tell us about Capt. Midnight. Haven't done much research on that, but I definitely knew what I had when I found it.

Now that everyone under 50 thinks we have lost it in the woods while detecting...............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread