Attachments

• scan0003.jpg
    scan0003.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 864
Upvote 0

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
I'm just curious if the Soviet coin and the German pendant were found in the same general area of the park? Or were they a good distance from each other? Very intneresting pendant,congratulations!

OP
OP
OutBack Duo

OutBack Duo

Apr 21, 2005
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found the Soviet coin in the Lake of the Ozarks about 100 miles west of St Louis.

OP
OP
OutBack Duo

OutBack Duo

Apr 21, 2005
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
does anyone care to speculate whether this looks like a recent item or an actual item from WWII?

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
I guess it looks old but it's hard to tell.
Can you scan the back also?

Nice find either way, very cool! A keeper!

Smiles!
BDoo

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
If the medal on the left is truly Nazi, these could have been lost by members of the Bund (originally called the Friends).

The Bund or German-American Bund was supposed to cool things down in the U.S. and build sympathy for Hitler.

On March 19, 1936, Hitler placed US citizen Fritz Kuhn at the head of the party, hoping to gain some degree of American favor. The Friends' name was then changed to the German-American Bund.

At one point Fritz Kuhn went to Germany to visit Hitler but Hitler was very much displeased. He wanted Fritz to stay here and distance himself from Hitler yet work to get Americans to believe in German ideals.

The Bund never had more than 25,000 members and was largely a failure.

Many times they would gather at different meeting places so maybe your find came from such a place.

Badger

T

Txtreasure

Might have been a rally in that park from some nut job organization like skin heads or the like.

99Brown

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2006
Illinois
Cool finds. I am not an expert by any means, but I would have to tend toward what Txtreasure said. Looks like could be more recent.

99Brown

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks old....Someone can get you some information! Might post it on the What is It? Forum!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job Dave. Keep going and you will uncover about anything. I am still trying to understand how stuff gets where it does.

Take Care,
Sandman

B

BIG61AL

In my opinion the NAZI pendant appears to be a mondern piece. I have seen lots of original NAZI material and have never saw a piece that would hang from a necklace. Most original items that size are pins and simply look better made by pressure stamping to form 3 dimentional shapes with enamel for color sections. This medal looks cast and the color looks painted.

mxtswinger

Jul 27, 2006
Northeast KY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT's Goldscan 5 PI
I did considerable googling when I found mine and I have to agree with Al. Still a very cool find. Keep on searching for "nazi pin", or "nazi pendant". Maybe you can prove us wrong.

This one was in southern OH, most likely brought back by a vet.

Attachments

• DSCN2397.JPG
    DSCN2397.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 645

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard to say what you have there but, the eagle or condor does not look Nazi, the eagle looks like the older style eagle of the 1700s to early 1800s. Could be a Nazi sympathizer medallion made in America, very cool find! You might ask Mark Parker of W&E. I detect in Germany, found a Nazi number tag yesterday with an eagle and swastika stamp. I hope it can be IDed as I am interested in it's origin and I don't think it is German. HH, Mike

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a couple of things similar to yours at an old log cabin. Some German coins dating between 1874 and 1912 and a German medal. The medal I have has a different bird than what you have. Was told that someone that had lived in the house was in the war and probably brought them back with them. Neat finds! Hope you can find out the date on yours. :)

Nana ;)

Attachments

• Gmedal.JPG
    Gmedal.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 501
B

BIG61AL

HMMMMMM ... a charm with a Eagle and Swastika? A bad luck charm perhaps?

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Mxtswinger, yours is a police pin, probably genuine as the value of the originals isn't that high.

SilverDreams

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2005
Vinemont, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The swastika was used as a symbol of good luck before Hitler made it a symbol of evil...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread