Long day but 1 dig made the day!

DKinPA

Aug 21, 2005
Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Minelab ETrac & Tesoro Silver UMax
Spent three hours with Jeff of PA today at a ball field that also has the remnants of a long gone roller skating rink beside it. Wasn't having any luck finding anything old on the ball field so I put my new 8" x 6" SEF coil on the Etrac and wandered over to the old rink. Last trip here with Jeff I found a no date buffalo right beside the rink.

On my way to the rink I hit a couple clad quarters, the first was a 1980 and the second was a 1970....I was thinking "OK...1960 next".
Well the next one went back about 65 years instead of just 10...My second Barber Quarter this week!!

It's a 1905 and it's worn out....but it's mine!! The rest of the day yielded $3.56 in clad and a pigeon band.

Herndon 06112011.jpg

Good Luck all and HH!!

Dave

Upvote 0

Bunker

Apr 6, 2010
St. Pete, Fl
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / Etrac / T2se / Blisstool V5
Pistol Probe / Pro Pointer / VibraProbe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet!
Bunker

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
K@@L BE@NS!!! :wav:

OP
OP
DKinPA

DKinPA

Aug 21, 2005
Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Minelab ETrac & Tesoro Silver UMax
btornado71 said:
Is the pigeon band from the same era as the Partridge Family?

LOL!! Yes, the Partridge family sang "I think I love you".....the Pigeon band sang "I think you shot me"....LOL!!

Dave, pigeon bands are a pain in the butt really. They hit like coins and the depth is always off because of the size...so you're digging a full plug and end up finding this only 1" deep...but it's nice to know the machine can hit the little stuff too!!

Yes Mike....I think I can get used to this machine real quick!!

I found one more thing this morning from yesterday's hunt....don't know how I didn't see it yesterday on my way to the shower...I would really like to know where this thing was hiding. This morning on the way to the shower I see this attached to the side of my left knee....YIKES!!

Tick1.JPG

OK bug experts what kind of tick is this? As you can see, it's spotted and has 8 legs!!

Here's a pic for size comparison;

Tick2.JPG

Guess I have a spot to watch on my leg for a while...although it was not into my skin yet. I guess I'll live to hunt another day!!

Dave

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one in the pic is similar but it seems the Jersey ticks are larger and more ugly . This one tried to bite my buttocks , I killed it

Attachments

• monster tick.png
    monster tick.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 622

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions