Anyone have experience with submitting acticle to W&E mag?

Old Tom

Aug 4, 2006
Milton, Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Surfmaster PI, Eagle Spectrum, Fisher 1235-X, 1280-X
Anyone have experience with submitting acticle to W&E mag?

Thanks all to the good response to my first post.

Now I am curious if anyone has had any experience submitting a artcle to W&E magazine.
was looking thruugh some of the stuff I have found over the years, and some of the local
hunters think I should try and submit a article. Any advice on that would be welcome.

In 1997 Whites used one of my pictures for an add in the treasure magazines, I had slipped a
couple photos in the box when I sent a PI machine for repair. They sent me a coupon for
$200 off on a machine, which I misplaced somehow when the Air Force sent me to Saudi Arabia
that summer .. I wonder if it would still be good if I can find it.

Also wondering if posting some of the pictures of my better finds would hurt trying to get a article
submitted? Meaning would the magazine not want a article once the pictures are online?

Not sure how good the stuff has to be, but some of the better things I have are
1 1/3 carat diamond ring, 18K rose gold ring with 5 - 1/3 carat diamonds, $1250 swiss watch,
Statue of Liberty $5 gold coin in 18K bezel and gold chain. .. just some of the stuff.

I hope you all don't think I am making this up .. I know how is sounds .. but hunting Hawaii for
3 and 1/2 years .. you can get some good finds.

Old Tom

Upvote 0

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Anyone have experience with submitting acticle to W&E mag?

Old Tom said:
Thanks all to the good response to my first post.

Now I am curious if anyone has had any experience submitting a artcle to W&E magazine.
was looking thruugh some of the stuff I have found over the years, and some of the local
hunters think I should try and submit a article. Any advice on that would be welcome.

In 1997 Whites used one of my pictures for an add in the treasure magazines, I had slipped a
couple photos in the box when I sent a PI machine for repair. They sent me a coupon for
$200 off on a machine, which I misplaced somehow when the Air Force sent me to Saudi Arabia
that summer .. I wonder if it would still be good if I can find it.

Also wondering if posting some of the pictures of my better finds would hurt trying to get a article
submitted? Meaning would the magazine not want a article once the pictures are online?

Not sure how good the stuff has to be, but some of the better things I have are
1 1/3 carat diamond ring, 18K rose gold ring with 5 - 1/3 carat diamonds, $1250 swiss watch,
Statue of Liberty $5 gold coin in 18K bezel and gold chain. .. just some of the stuff.

I hope you all don't think I am making this up .. I know how is sounds .. but hunting Hawaii for
3 and 1/2 years .. you can get some good finds.

Old Tom

Through the years I've written a number of articles for various TH publications. (1) Stay focused on a particular theme and to the point. (2) Send a lot of photos. They really like the photos.
Deepsix

OP
OP
Old Tom

Old Tom

Aug 4, 2006
Milton, Florida
Detector(s) used

Deep Six

Thanks for the quick response, sounds like good advice. I have been thinking how it will be hard
to stay focus to the theme of the article and still be interesting. For me, I think I tell a better story
than write one.

But thanks again for your input.

Old Tom

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

Great thread...very interesting.

I've never sent in a treasure article. I guess I got my fill of writing years ago when I was the editor of a certain publication. Being in print just doesn't ring my bell anymore. But a freshly dug seated dime makes me want to do "the happy dance."

Best to you and I look forward to reading your article.

Badger

OP
OP
Old Tom

Old Tom

Aug 4, 2006
Milton, Florida
Detector(s) used

TBGO
Thanks for the link. I just gave it a quick review, I can see where that will change my whole direction for a
article.

Old Tom

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005

Here you go, Tom...

First, go to: http://www.treasurenet.com/westeast/

Click on "Contact Us" on the left side of the page.

On the contact form, check "Other," and in the "Comments" window just ask for a free copy of their "Freelancer's Guidelines."

Simple as that. They'll send you an info sheet with all the details, do's and don'ts, etc.

Good luck... looks like you've got the makin's of a great article!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread