Wheatie Cache with Silver!

AlabamaRelic

Jul 2, 2009
NW Alabama
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
On April 27, 2011 our small town was hit by an f5 tornado. We had major damage to our house. But luckily our insurance has paid us very well. And even better I am doing all the repairs.
This pic is looking southeast. My house is in the upper right corner.

tornado1.jpg

We had went over to my wife's elderly relative whose house was destroyed and helping him find some of his things. We found this cast iron horse.

DSC00189.jpg

DSC00190.jpg

He said it wasnt his so we just put it on the back porch. We had forgot about it because we have been so busy with clean up and repairing our house. My wife cleaned up the back porch Sunday and reminded me of it. I picked it up and realized how heavy it felt. I shook it and it rattled. I figured it was just dirt in it. Because 200+ mph winds can put dirt in strange places. Then I realized it was a coin bank! I could see the coin slot in the back. What would be the odds of finding old coins in it?

DSC00192.jpg

So I took the screw out and to my amazement, I found a 1963 memorial cent, 42 wheat cents and a 1943-D mercury dime. My wife thinks it might have belonged to her cousin who passed away in the early 60's at the age of 15. She thinks it may have been in the barn that was destroyed in the tornado.

DSC00195.jpg

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread