First Ring Wheats and Clad Clad Clad

midnightguy

May 20, 2006
Upstate NY
Hi All, Haven't had much time lately to get out but since a local school is just down the street I can still get out after dinner for a short search. I have hit this school pretty hard over the past couple of months and I have pulled out a little under $20.00 in clad coin.
Two nights ago I went to one of the last sections of school yard I haven't been too yet that is very close to the building. For some reason this area was very trashy compared to the other grass areas. I kept searching and got a good penny dime hit all by itself. I dig and out pops a nice 1957 wheat. I continue on and about five feet away another Penny dime hit. This time it's a nice 1955 wheat. Not a famous double strike 55 penny but I'll take it none the less. Unfortunately that was it for that section of grass but two wheat's are wonderful for me as I just don't seem to find that many.
With some daylight left I then back to the usual areas that have been productive for me. I searched for about ten minutes not having much luck when I get a very strong hit in the gold band of my detector. The reading bounced around somewhat but the way it sounded I figured why not. It read out at 4 inches and when I pulled the plug out I see the flash of a ring falling back into the hole. I think to myself, finally a ring, and reach in and there it is a nice silver colored ring with a light tan (plastic?) band around it. It's unmarked and looking at it it is probably silver plated but for me it's great. I hope it's the start of many more rings.
Lastly the large coin pictured gave me a fit trying to find it. It was in the quarter range and it's depth said 3 inches. I dig and dig and nothing comes up. The detector says its there but nothing comes up. Finally, after expanding the original hole about 4 inches larger, my probe hits on it. Its large, it's dark colored, very corroded, and has an odd feel to it. Could it be something from the 1800's or older?? Nope, a wonderful classic Chuck E Cheese game token dated 1987.. Up to this point my detector was really good on zeroing in on finds but this time it was way off. Could it be the game token throwing it off. Anyone else have this kind of trouble with this kind of find? There was nothing else near this find to throw it's location off.. Anyway HH and Take care MidnightGuy

Attachments

• edited coin 08-04.JPG
    edited coin 08-04.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 383
Upvote 0

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Finding rings is always a great feeling! Nicely done!

HH!
TBGO

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
ditto..........real or fake for me its always a rush... :o :o :o may you find many many more..

M

mchamby

Is your ring you found a mood ring?? I have several that have come from playgrounds. HH
Mchamby

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Nice finds!
Yes, looks like a mood ring to me too.
Sometimes they get ruined if they get wet,
but maybe it'll still work and turn bright purple
on your finger with the happiness
you have expressed here, congrats!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
midnightguy

midnightguy

May 20, 2006
Upstate NY
I would say that yes it's a mood ring. I put it on my pinky finger for awhile and the tan band starts get get slightly darker. I wonder if mood rings are even made anymore? Thanks for the nice replies. HH MidnightGuy

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That big coin looks like a Chuckee Cheese token to me! Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions