Tiny glass stopper

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
In preparations for putting on an addition this summer, I've been sifting topsoil for items that my detector hasn't been able to find over the years. Knowing that there is some quantity of scrap metal about, it isn't unreasonable to think I might find a coin or two that I missed as well. In fact, a week or so ago I found a 1940's junk wheat on my screen; I keep waiting for a small gold piece to appear :wink:. I didn't take pictures of them, but I've managed two clay marbles and a regular; one of the clays was very small, the only one of its size I've ever found. Treasure hunting hasn't been my only motivation for the effort I'm putting in; I've been selling the sifted topsoil to people I do yardwork for. It's good stuff, and much nicer than the "topsoil" that the local nurseries sell.
Any way, I just finished a few batches and today's prize was this tiny glass stopper. Miss halfdime was with me when it was found and willingly obliged my request to clean it with a toothbrush. Even though she's eleven now, and less willing to obey generally, when it comes to treasure she's all in! ;D In fact, her obedience at the gas station today netted her four $1 bills laying on the parking lot. I suspect something like this stopper would have come with a perfume bottle, and I'll post in the "Bottles and Glass" section for help there, too.
I picked up a yard yesterday where I was asked to cut grass; it abuts a yard with a 200 year old house, and will likely yield something good. I hauled in a quick $1.08 in clad and a pair of wheats in a search (1916 and 18), so I'm optimistic.

Attachments

• stopper 001 (Small).jpg
    stopper 001 (Small).jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 259
  • stopper 002 (Small).jpg
    stopper 002 (Small).jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 261
  • stopper 003 (Small).jpg
    stopper 003 (Small).jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 256
Upvote 0

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree on the Perfume Bottle Stopper. :icon_thumleft: Good idea screening the dirt, I'd love to see the marbles !! :dontknow: :hello2:

Cool find !! :headbang:
Keep @ it and HH !! ;D :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions