First few times out

perfectsim

Jul 11, 2006
I bought a White's Classic ID and it came in the mail late last week and I finally found a chance to go outside and learn how it works.

I've probably only spent 4 hours total MDing and I've found a 5 clad pennies, a wheat penny, a clad quarter, and a whole lot of crap.

I went to the beach early this morning and got a half dollar/dollar signal and starting digging in the sand. When I first saw the find, I thought, "A silver nugget, here on the beach?" After picking it up I realized that somebody held a bon fire and melted an aluminum can down. Oh well, it had me thinking for a couple of seconds.

I plan on heading out tomorrow, hopefully all day. This hobby is starting to get a hold on me... partly because I enjoy being outdoors with an excuse!

Upvote 0

knapper

Jun 25, 2006
atlanta ga
Detector(s) used
IDX CLASSIC , SURFMASTER PI
know what you mean son i love being out side if it wasent so hot i have the id clasic also it finds 25 cents great but thats all i seem to find mike in atlanta

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Congrats Perfect! Glad it finaly came in, now go out & learn your machine inside & out! It takes a little time but every thing you dig, even crap puts you one step closer to PERFECTISM! HA HA Had to say it! Good luck! ;D

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
the more you get used to the machine the less iron cr@p you will have to dig... the melted aluminum on the other hand... be prepared to dig a lot of that in your career. ;)

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Hi Perfect!
Welcome to the forum.

Keep at it and you'll get good
and be finding all the goodies soon.
As you know, acquiring skill in almost anything
takes practice and patiance, you will get there!

Looking forward to seeing all your finds, good luck!

Smiles!
BDoo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread