Found a beautiful ring today BUT.......

MetalFury

May 25, 2006
New Jersey
Went to an older school in the area and hit the woodchips. I found alot of trash and some clad and a Honda wheel thing (think it's a center cap) Got a kinda strange signal (on my Ace250 it was bouncing between nickle and penny) and almost didn't dig it but decided to since it was easy digging in the woodchips. I pulled up a ring! I did the happy dance but then I saw that inside it said 925 which I know is sterling. The ring was gold colored and I couldn't figure out what everything said inside, even with a magnifying glass so I took it to a local jeweler I deal with.
Turns out it's gold plated over sterling, not as nice as say a 14k would have been, but still a decent find. He said it would probably sell for about $30 - $40 retail. My fiancee loves it and already has it on her finger...guess it's hers now :)

Attachments

• 100_4145.JPG
    100_4145.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 589
  • 100_4150.JPG
    100_4150.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 601
Upvote 0

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice looking ring! Rings are fun to find...any idea on the stones?

HH!
TBGO

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
The chips are falling your way Fury. A happy wife = a happy life :D

Keep swingin amigo 8)

Acevillav

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Very nice indeed! Gold-plated sterling silver is called vermeil. Technically, the gold plating must be 10K or higher (typically, it's 14K) and be 1.5+ microns thick in order for the item to be classified as vermeil.

OP
OP
MetalFury

MetalFury

May 25, 2006
New Jersey
The Beep Goes On said:
Very nice looking ring! Rings are fun to find...any idea on the stones?
HH!
TBGO

The ring has 3 dark blue stones and 2 light blue stones. When I first saw it naturally my first thought was Sapphires and Topaz. The jeweler I deal with though said most likely they are not real. Still I'm happy with it though, I've found one 10kt ring so far and three Sterling Silver and this is definitely the nicest looking out of the bunch. I've only been detecting since the end of May and I'm finally starting to find rings....finally learning my machine. This is my 3rd ring in just one week!

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
very nice ring.....at least youn had it for a while. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) i hope ya get a nice dinner out of it.... :D :D :D :D

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Wow, what a beauty! Congrats on such a sweet ring.
You're really on a roll, three rings this week,
that's awesome for anyone on the site.

Smiles!
BDoo

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver with a little gold over it....not bad at all. Get used to the wife confiscating them though, lol! HH!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations...beautiful ring.

Top Member Reactions